Hilton Worldwide Manager, Data Science / Data Analytics in Addison, Texas
The Manager of Data Science / Data Analytics is responsible for modeling complex business problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, the Manager will also be proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, for use in analytic solutions.
What will I be doing?
The Manager of Data Science / Data Analytics will provide data that is congruent and reliable and will be creative thinkers and propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available. The Manager will validate findings using an experimental and iterative approach and will be able to present back their findings to the business by exposing their assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood by their business counterparts.
- Work closely with clients, data stewards, project/program managers, and other IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions
- With the use of scientific methods - design, develop, and analyze models and algorithms to solve business problems
- Design experiments, test hypotheses and build models
- Conduct data analyses and moderately complex algorithm designs
- Work with business stakeholders to identify the business requirements and expected outcomes
- Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impacts on critical business processes and / or decisions
- Perform experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses
- Validate analysis by comparing appropriate samples
- Employ the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns
- Assess the volume of data supporting the initiative, the type of data (e.g., images, text, clickstream or metering data) and the speed or sudden variations in data collection
- Present and depict the rationale of their findings in easy to understand terms for the business
- Continually enhance the advanced analytics program by staying up to date on the latest data science, advanced analytics, and big data trends
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and applications
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience
- Large corporate organization experience
- Strong SAS skills including SAS/STAT, SAS/ETS, & MACRO’s
- Significant experience with logistic regression and time series models
- Strong relational database skills and solid knowledge of SQL and database query tools such as DBVisualizer or Microsoft Management Studio
- Experience with MS Office Spreadsheets and Power Point tools
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree or MA/MS/Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or Statistics
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Revenue Management
Title: Manager, Data Science / Data Analytics
Requisition ID: USA01283