Sava Senior Care Physical Therapist Assistant in Alice, Texas
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) works under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides direct treatment to residents as directed by and according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Documents resident progress towards meeting established goals.
- Teaches exercises to residents, family members, and caregivers and may provide instruction in the use and care for orthotic, prosthetic devices, and other assisting apparatus.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree from an APTA accredited program.
- Licensed as Physical Therapist Assistant.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #:: 196442
Facility Name:: Alice, Alice, TX
Functional Area:: Rehabilitation
Facility Address:: 606 Coyote Trail
Position Type:: Full-Time
Location:: Alice, TX - 78332