Texas Tech University Correctional LVN H99269 in Amarillo, Texas
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned correctional facility. They function within their legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Work is performed under the direction of a registered nurse as part of a total correctional managed health care team in providing safe and competent care to patients.
- Administers medications and document as ordered
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes.
- Prepared and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities.
- Adheres to facility policy and procedure of medication administration
- Reports unusual occurrences (reactions, behaviors, refusals) to Registered Nurse
- Performs support activities. Ensures drug room security, replaces facility medication, stocks and maintains the upkeep of the drug room and pharmaceutical equipment.
- Returns outdated medication to the pharmacy and keeps log books updated.
- Generates print passes.
Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas.
Current CPR certification
- Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program
Experience in a prison setting preferred. Computer Experience CPR Certification
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Correctional LVN H99269
Work Location: Amarillo
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus: HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Department: Amarillo Clements Unit
Required Attachments: Professional License or Certification Resume / CV
Optional Attachments: Recommendation/Referral Other Documents Supporting Qualifications Professional/Personal Reference
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Technical/Paraprofessional
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 16.89 (Negotiable)
Travel Required: None
Schedule Details: Will discuss in interview
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 8922BR