SourceAmerica Business Development Executive in Arlington, Texas
Duties and responsibilities include the development and execution of sales plans designed to increase SourceAmerica and the AbilityOne Program’s volume and penetration within the Federal Government. Responsibilities include shaping the Federal Government service requirement towards an AbilityOne Procurement solution. Working with the Sales Director on guiding and successfully implementing a winning, customer-centric capture strategy to grow business in the Federal space in over 12 types of services. Additional responsibilities include creating and developing relationships with government agencies, educating Federal agencies about the AbilityOne program, presenting AbilityOne capabilities to Federal agencies, and persuading Federal agencies to utilize the AbilityOne program. Other responsibilities include mediating price negotiations between the Federal Government and AbilityOne nonprofit contractors, and managing the AbilityOne Procurement List addition documentation.
- Assist with the development of the Business Unit Strategic Plan.
- Promote the benefits of the AbilityOne Program and nonprofit agencies’ capabilities.
- Present the AbilityOne program and capabilities to a variety of Federal agencies.
- Persuade Federal agencies to use the AbilityOne program for services on targeted Federal contracts.
- Build a pipeline off future project opportunities by developing customer relationships and researching government service requirements.
- Analyze market data in specific lines of business for use in conducting negotiations and proposal developments.
- Lead the preparation of complex price proposals for government contracts.
- Lead and facilitate service project negotiations between nonprofit agencies and the Federal government.
- Create detailed documentation of new contracts per the AbilityOne Program requirements.
- Manage all aspects of new project development until the start-up of each new project.
- Provide and/or ensure technical assistance for assigned customer accounts to include leading onsite operational and performance teams as needed.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to capture specific opportunities or advance customer-focused initiatives.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that seek to improve and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of SourceAmerica’s operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience developing new business opportunities and providing customer presentations
- Interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills; personal computer skills, especially database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications
- Math aptitude
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and a variety of external customers and contacts effectively
- Self-starter with the ability to build and maintain successful relationship with key customers and business partners
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently
- Ability to travel frequently
- Experience specifically in service or products delivery within Federal or commercial service or products, operations, consulting, Federal pricing, and proposal building processes are desirable
- Proven experience in customer satisfaction, contract performance/quality management, and problem solving within private, nonprofit, or government sector. Formal training in customer service, quality, processes/systems, and/or problem solving skills development is desirable
- Proven mediation skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, sales, and communication skills. Formal training in negotiation skills development highly desirable
- Knowledge of Federal government procurement procedures, regulations, and the AbilityOne program highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in providing critical input to senior and corporate management
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 8+ years with BS/BA; 6+ years with MS/MA
- 1½ years experience = 1 year college
- Knowledge of the AbilityOne program is preferred but not required
- Preferred experience with Federal Contracting (Acquisition Planning, FAR, SCA, OSHA, DOL)
- Preferred experienced with long term sales cycles (Lead time of 6, 12, 18 months)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: August 11, 2016