HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Lactation Specialist/Consultant PRN in Arlington, Texas
Lactation Specialist / Lactation Consultant
Work Schedule: PRN (As Needed/Varies)
The Lactation Specialist/Consultant will provide our patients and their families with proper education and training related to breastfeeding.
- The Lactation Specialist/Consultant facilitates the initiation and continuation of breastfeeding through one-on-on breastfeeding evaluation and assistance to mother and baby.
- Provides breastfeeding education to the new mother and her family based on current AAP guidelines and recommendations.
- Collaborates with the nursing staff in order to provide consistent and accurate information to all breastfeeding mothers and their families. Identifies problems and unusual situations related to breastfeeding and assists with interventions/solutions in order to protect the milk supply while working through the challenges of breastfeeding.
Provides lactation discharge teaching instruction and resources for on-going lactation support. Refers to the physician when a medical indication or concern exists.
Current TX RN license preferred.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Requires Breastfeeding Educator or Specialist Certification, or Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience with breastfeeding mothers or working in Obstetrics.
Title: Lactation Specialist/Consultant PRN
Location: Texas-Arlington-Medical Center of Arlington- Arlington (Dallas/Ft
Requisition ID: 00015-82449