SourceAmerica Regulatory Assistance & Training Specialist in Arlington, Texas
This position will assist SourceAmerica in accomplishing its mission by bringing a systemic, disciplined approach to measuring and continuously improving the regulatory practices related to SourceAmerica’s responsibilities as a Central Nonprofit Agency (CNA). This position supports the AVP, Regulatory, Oversight, & Monitoring, and is responsible for a variety of essential services to ensure long-term effectiveness, sustainability, and relevancy regarding AbilityOne Nonprofit agency (NPA) qualifications, NPA oversight and monitoring, NPA technical assistance, and NPA capacity building related to regulatory initiatives and topics.
The Regulatory Assistance & Training Specialist will support the daily operations of assisting and training NPAs on regulatory topics related to the AbilityOne Program. The position is responsible for assisting in the consistency and accuracy of SourceAmerica’s messaging to the NPA community on regulatory and compliance related topics. The position serves as a subject matter expert and resource on existing and emerging Federal laws, rules, statues, and regulations on topics such as employment, labor, and AbilityOne Program requirements.
- Serve as a member of interdepartmental project/core teams providing regulatory knowledge for assigned projects during the development.
- Provide regulatory insight (raising potential issues/concerns) on business matters.
- Liaise with the U.S. AbilityOne Commission and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Provide comment and opinion on the establishment of new systems and processes as needed.
- Support market research and consulting AbilityOne Program requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Process, Oversight, & Reporting
- Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing regulatory strategy/tactics and ensuring alignment of regulatory strategy to business strategy in order to ensure alignment with AbilityOne Program compliance requirements for CNAs.
- Research and develop solutions to procedure- and process-related issues. Assist management and cross-functional partners to help formulate and implement proactive regulatory strategies and controls. Participate on project teams to improve processes internally at SourceAmerica.
- Prepare appropriate reports of NPA assistance and recommends corrective actions to SourceAmerica senior leadership team and the U.S. AbilityOne Commission (as appropriate).
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for NPA assistance and training area within the department, including, but not limited to the maintenance of internal compliance controls and performance data.
Regulatory Assistance & Training
- Support the daily operations of the assistance and training area within the Regulatory, Oversight, and Monitoring department, including providing training and consultative services to NPAs, Federal agencies, and SourceAmerica personnel to understand and comply with a variety of Federal requirements including the following specialized areas:
- AbilityOne Program and 41 CFR
- Fair Labor Standards Act and 29 CFR
- Service Contract Act
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Department of Labor Regulations
- Immigration Reform Act
- Provides technical clarification of AbilityOne Program qualifications and explanations of policy, procedures and directives.
- Facilitate communication between NPA representatives and government oversight agencies in areas related to the AbilityOne Program requirements.
- Promote integrity and compliance with AbilityOne Program qualifications and requirements.
- Serve as an instructor for training courses related to Regulatory, Oversight, & Monitoring, responsible for assisting with curriculum design, content, and annual training schedule.
- Maintain the Regulatory, Oversight, & Monitoring extranet page for the NPA Community.
- Participate in outreach activities conducting presentations on AbilityOne program regulatory qualifications and requirements.
AbilityOne Nonprofit Agency Qualifications
- Participate in and supports the Annual Certification review process.
- Work closely with SourceAmerica Regional staff to maintain effective communication and training for internal staff and the NPA community.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Significant travel required (up to 50%)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to handle confidential data
- Experience in public speaking, academia, or classroom educational settings is preferred
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and educational needs at all levels of a complex organization
- Must be a critical thinker; detailed oriented with strong problem solving skills; able to oversee multiple tasks for several projects or base business deliverables; and effectively balance priorities
- Demonstrated experience in the principles of management, adult learning, training, and performance evaluation
- Knowledge of the following regulatory requirements is strongly preferred: Code of Federal Regulations, AbilityOne Program, FLSA, FMLA, OSHA, SCA CDC Safety Precautions, Drug-free Workplace Act, and Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct
- The ability to complete regulatory reports and provide written correspondence to internal and external stakeholders including government and/or regulatory bodies
- Strong personal computer skills especially database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 8+ years with BS/BA; 6+ years with MS/MA
- 1½ years experience = 1 year college
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: September 22, 2016