SourceAmerica Senior Account Manager - Army Team in Arlington, Texas
Responsible for overall management and control of assigned U.S. Army accounts. The position will be primarily responsible for pricing, contract negotiation, and technical assistance to contractors performing Federal service contracts under the AbilityOne Program. Develops new business from existing customers and improves the performance of the assigned service projects using a total project management concept.
- Provide expertise in “best practices” for government contracting strategies, performance knowledge, market pricing, and industry practices.
- Prepare or review proposals for complex Base Year and Follow-On-Year pricing/repricing.
- Lead and facilitate service/product project negotiations between nonprofit agencies (NPAs) and the Army customer.
- Build positive relationships with customers and business partners.
- Market the AbilityOne Program and NPA capabilities.
- Expand employment opportunities for assigned block of business for projects already on the AbilityOne Procurement List (PL), and identify opportunities to add projects to the PL.
- Provide and/or ensure technical assistance to NPAs regarding service costing, market research, feasibility, best practices, and quality control. Coordinate quality assurance and technical assistance visits to NPAs regarding contract performance, to include leading onsite operational and performance teams as needed.
- Train NPAs and procuring activities in AbilityOne Program requirements, procedures, and regulations to ensure program activities are successfully fulfilled.
- Manage all aspects of Corporate Business Databases for assigned projects.
- Monitor and resolve regulatory issues w/ national team.
- Execute “interventions” assigned to the team when requested.
- Train and support NPAs in the use of pricing software applications and external corporate systems as appropriate.
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of market data used to support the development of fair market prices.
- Perform additional accountabilities as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills; personal computer skills, especially database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications. Math aptitude.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and a variety of external customers and contacts effectively
- Self-starter with the confidence to build and maintain successful relationship with key customers and business partners
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently
- Ability to travel frequently
- Demonstrated experience in commercial operations, service/product delivery, service operations, or service pricing and costing is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in customer satisfaction, quality management, and problem solving within private, non-profit, or government sector.
- Proven negotiation skills, presentation skills, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Federal government procurement procedures especially with the U.S. Army, regulations, service costing, and the AbilityOne program desired.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 8+ years with BA/BS; 6+ years with MA/MS
- 1½ years experience = 1 year college
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: September 24, 2016