SourceAmerica Senior Account Manager - Civilian Accounts in Arlington, Texas
Provide highly experienced and skilled account management of assigned AbilityOne contracts to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities by ensuring customer and business partner satisfaction; develop new and existing opportunities; promote the AbilityOne Program and assist nonprofit agencies (NPAs) in maintaining program and statutory compliance. Comprehensive and extensive knowledge of Federal contracting is required to assist NPA partners and Federal government customers with the most complex and challenging AbilityOne Program-specific issues.
- Oversee all assigned customer account activities as detailed in the “Standard Operations Procedures for Account Management - Services” (SOPAMS).
- Assist on any special projects assigned by the leadership of the Civilian team.
- Be the main POC for all assigned contract actions with NPA, PA, and Commission customers.
- Account management of AbilityOne projects: Maintain all contract files in accordance with SOPAMS. Coordinate all activities in regards to assigned contracts/customers and stakeholders.
- Provide SME-level expertise regarding AbilityOne Program in accordance with the SOPAMS.
- Strengthen the AbilityOne program, either through collaboration to preserve maximum customer value in existing contract functioning in a diminished acquisition environment or through developing innovative service expansions in current contracts resulting in an increase in jobs and sales.
- Identify and refer for business development or new requirements for the AbilityOne Procurement List (PL).
- Market the AbilityOne Program by conducting presentations/briefings to Procuring & Service Provider Activities and coordinate/participate in marketing events.
- Support as appropriate the efforts of the Sales team as outlined in the SOPAMS.
- Provide support and analysis to NPAs regarding the development of price proposals as is consistent with the SOPAMS and reviewed by the Director of Account Management or designee.
- Monitor contract performance by conducting site visits, attending performance meetings, and coordinating technical assistance.
- Provide consultation about NPA capability for additional services proposed for expansions or as additions to the AbilityOne Procurement List.
- Provide mentoring and professional support to less experienced Account Managers and Senior Analysts.
- Provide collaboration and support to fellow team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge about the AbilityOne Program
- Working knowledge of the Service Contract Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and AbilityOne procedures is required
- Working knowledge of the Federal Procurement process and government quality assurance program
- Experience with government agencies within the Federal marketplace
- Experience with strategic planning and creating results driven tactical plans
- Proven experience with successful negotiations and customer presentations. Administration of multiple projects on the Procurement List
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Effectively articulates difficult issues and work to build consensus
- Ability to prepare business case/evaluation for opportunities and projects
- Ability to coach others to establish effective programs to meet contract requirements
- Self-motivated. Able to work with minimal oversight and supervision while getting results and managing a book of business. Makes decisions within guidelines and policies
- Applies best practices and knowledge of internal business systems to improve processes or services.
- Has developed conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline
- Solves complex problems using existing solutions. Identifies and impacts a range of standard and non-standard customer operational process or activities
- Personal computer skills, especially in database, spreadsheet and word processing applications including complete familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 8+ years with BA/BS; 6+ years with MA/MS
- 1½ years experience = 1 year college
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posted: September 24, 2016