HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Unit Supervisor RN Telemetry FT Days in Arlington, Texas
Unit Supervisor / Registered Nurse / RN
Department: Telemetry / PCCU
Work Schedule: FT Days, rotating weekends
The RN position supervises and manages the care of specific patients with cardiovascular diagnoses to optimize quality and financial outcomes. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure coordination of patient care and resource utilization through the use of standards of care, critical pathways and other protocols. Participates in patient education and other clinical care delivery as needed to accomplish these goals. Assures implementation of the discharge plan. Systematically collects information to identify trends for benchmarking and performance improvement.
- Responsible for the understanding and utilization of the nursing process to assess patient's clinical information and, in collaboration with the health care team and the patient, develop treatment/discharge plans with realistic goals.
- Must communicate effectively with varied healthcare team members to optimize care delivery and timely achievement of outcomes.
- Responsible for assisting the patient/family in understanding the pathophysiology and manifestations of cardiac disease, diagnostic testing, treatment plan, medications, home care regimen for recovery and wellness and the medical follow-up plan.
Applies the nursing process and problem-techniques to the care coordination process as needed.
Current licensure with the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Aand ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Minimum of three years previous nursing experience in critical care or acute cardiovascular care area.
- Experience in charge nurse or other leadership role desirable.
Title: Unit Supervisor RN Telemetry FT Days
Location: Texas-Arlington-Medical Center of Arlington- Arlington (Dallas/Ft
Requisition ID: 00015-77374