CSD Interpreting Services Career Specialist in Austin (Or Remote), Texas
CSD Works is a nationwide program dedicated to increasing job opportunities for deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind individuals through multi-faceted, comprehensive solutions, which include virtual support services and online resources for job seekers, and if available, local support through our community provider network. We also partner with employers who are motivated to hire qualified deaf workers and are committed to providing fully accessible work environments.
As an approved Employment Network under the Social Security Administration’s Ticket to Work Program (TTW), the Employment Specialist will be responsible for supporting beneficiaries that we serve under TTW. This position will assist individual clients in their effort to find and maintain meaningful work. Support services are provided virtually and may include assistance with completing job applications, resume preparation, job readiness training, mock interview practice, job search, job placement, and ongoing support services after the individual is employed.
The Employment Specialist will serve as the primary contact for potential and current employers who are interested in posting their current job openings to our CSD Works Career Center.
Here are some of the things that you will get to do:
- Responds to all new/potential client inquiries related to Ticket to Work Program
- Pre-screens clients for participation in the Ticket to Work Program
- Provides outcome-based, virtual case management services to assigned client caseload
- Provides clear and accurate information to clients on how increased employment earnings can impact individual state and federal benefits
- Develops and implements a comprehensive Individual Work Plan (IWP) that outlines the services and resources that each client will receive based upon gathered intake and assessment information
- Writes monthly newsletters/blogs for the CSD Works Career Center website
- Develops and/or edit resumes and cover letters with client involvement
- Assists clients with employment applications/pre-employment questionnaires. Conducts practice interviews and provide feedback
- Assists clients in identifying suitable job leads that match their skills and career interests
- Initiates and cultivates business contacts that lead to potential job opportunities for TTW clients. Identify critical employer staffing needs and develop appropriate job matches
- Provides assistance as needed to clients requesting pre-employment and on-the-job accommodations
- Maintains regularly scheduled contact with clients to ensure that they are making timely progress towards their employment goals and document all client activities in case file management system
- Serves as point of contact for current and potential employer partners to promote products and services offered on our CSD Works website, including job posting, workplace solutions, and business resources
- Follows-up with clients after job placement to ensure continued workplace success
- Bachelor’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, or related degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional work experience
- One year of full-time professional experience providing outcome-focused career coaching, staffing, and/or job placement services
- Strong writing skills
- Fluent in American Sign Language
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, including individuals with a disability and protected veterans.