Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Accounting Technician, GS-0525-08 in Austin, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Austin, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Indefinite
Opened Tuesday 9/27/2016 (26 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (4 day(s) away)
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. Status updates are available on your profile dashboard. Your application will be reviewed to make sure you're eligible and meet the qualifications for the position. If qualifications are met, your application will be referred to the hiring official and your status will be updated to "Referred" on your profile dashboard. All other applicants (not being considered) will receive a "Not Referred" status.
This position is located in USPFO, Camp Mabry, Austin, TX. The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing, and correction of financial transactions and issues/discrepancies involving the full range of accounting services. Incumbent uses a complete understanding of interrelated work systems across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all obligations, disbursements, collections/deposits, and adjustments related to financial records.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please visit http://www.nationalguard.com/eligibility or contact a Texas Army National Guard recruiter at http://www.nationalguard.com/recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: In-State Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
- All current members of the Texas Army National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: This position is open to:
Enlisted - E4 Not to Exceed E-7
- This is an Indefinite Excepted Position which has the ability to convert to permanent at a future date without further competition.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veteran's preference is not applicable in this agency.
- Performs broad in-depth analysis on multiple management systems and applies this information to complicated precedent type cases to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out of balance conditions associated with processing actions within accounting systems.
- Performs fact finding, research, and investigations to identify, analyze and recommend solutions regarding fiscal accounting activity.
- Examines accounts or resolves difficult reconciliations requiring an analysis of adjustments and corrections in accounts.
- Reconstruct inaccurate accounts, gathers and organizes information for inquiries and resolves problems referred by managers, employees, congressional inquiries, etc.
- Coordinates with internal/external financial/program management personnel to resolve issues and/or prevent accounting errors.
- Researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex fiscal issues/problems regardless of the technical difficulties encountered.
- Uses fiscal accounting and related interfaced systems to provide input/adjustments to the fiscal accounting database of record and the interoperable feeder systems of logistics, contracting, pay, travel, accounts payable, disbursement and interfund automated systems.
- Uses computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes in existing accounts while protecting historical data.
- Schedules, runs, and analyzes various fiscal accounting reports, such as the Master Update Error report, AXol (Government Purchase Card) line of accounting report, and Master Update Listing for the Account Processing Code (APC) candidate file.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Must be willing to become a member of the Texas Army National Guard.
- Must be slotted in a compatible military assignment.
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the GS-08 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 18 months experience, education or training of total accounting procedures. Experience planning, organizing and coordinating work in order to resolve problems that occur.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
Are you using education to qualify? You MUST submit legible transcripts to support your educational claims. All coursework must have been taken from an accredited institution.
Foreign education: Your transcripts must have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in evaluating foreign credentials in order to be acceptable.
Only education/experience gained by closing date of this position will be considered.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMR): Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the MOS to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty MOS (DMOS) assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
ECMF: 36, 42 EMOS: 25B, 51C, 92A, 92Y, 92Z
Q - Sensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified whether or not you have been referred to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $44,397.00 to $57,712.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0525-08/08
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Nationwide (see Open Areas of Consideration), Air/Army National Guard Membership is Required
Control Number: 451401000
Job Announcement Number: NGTX-16-220