Sirius Computer Solutions Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Solutions Architect in Austin, Texas
Requisition Number 16-0388
Title Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Solutions Architect
Description ***Location open to any US based city, candidates in Pleasanton, Oakland and Pasadena, California are encouraged to apply***
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We're looking for an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Solutions Architect to join the Sirius team. This is a full-time benefited role with us and can require overnight travel a minimum of 25-50% of the time.
The primary purpose for this position is to provide technical leadership to a Solution Services Program while also serving as a technical resource to Sirius sales personnel and account managers in support of our clients. This position will also handle engagements requiring knowledge of multiple application server environments, to assist in the architectural design of client applications, and to provide technical sales support as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
•Promotes and sells assigned Program by:
-Conducting customer calls and on-site visits with Sirius sales personnel
-Creating and consulting with Program Manager on SOWs and estimates
•Builds assigned Program by:
-Providing technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of assigned Program
-Conducting research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of the Program’s development efforts
-Cataloguing Program’s existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans for program specialists), and evangelizing the use of Program IP by Program development teams
•Develops assigned Program’s team by conducting meetings and training for developers in Program to build and enhance skills in core competency areas
•Oversees technical delivery for assigned Program by:
-Understanding the business driving client technologies
-Participating in technical requirements gathering and solution architecture for clients
-Serving as a technical escalation point for Lead Solutions Specialists and Senior Solutions Specialists
•Provides solution architecture, requirements gathering, and application design to our clients via services delivery, including (but not limited to):
-Assisting clients to develop or express an organizational strategy for accomplishing strategic technology goals
-Assisting clients to identify appropriate technologies for accomplishing their strategic technology goals
-Developing technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall application design
•Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) prior to services delivery
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or a related field
• At least eight (8) years Information Technology experience, to include two (2) years technical team leadership experience managing multiple client engagements simultaneously
• At least five (5) years of hands on experience with Adobe AEM/CQ/DAM
• Demonstrated knowledge, implementation skills, and a working understanding of the core AEM/CQ/DAM stack and AEM architectural concepts
Other Position Requirements:
• Experience with AEM/CQ/DAM upgrades and migrations
• Experience developing custom AEM/CQ/DAM components and workflows
• Experience integrating AEM/CQ/DAM with other products/vendors
• Proven knowledge of Multisite manager, Context hub, Content Migration
• Experience with AEM 6.X and knowledge of slightly components and installing/configuring publish and dispatcher instances
• Experience with core frameworks, including Apache, Felix, OSGI, Apache Sling, and/or Jackrabbit
• Experience with RESTful services
• Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
• Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
• Experience creating technical documentation
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to use common Java design patterns and a working knowledge of AEM best practice to create custom templates, components and dialogs
• Demonstrated knowledge of Java development and deployment tools, such as Eclipse, Maven, Git
• Experience developing systems using Agile methodologies
• Experience in documenting use cases, system test scripts, and user acceptance test scripts
• Demonstrated knowledge of Business Analysis modeling tools (e.g. Activity Diagrams, Process Flows, State Diagrams)
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Consulting experience
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify. Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.