Hill & Wilkinson General Contractors Assistant Project Manager in Austin, Texas
With nearly a half century in the business, Hill & Wilkinson has steadily grown from a small family business, to a respected industry leader, providing a full range of contracting services in multiple markets. From a simple maintenance project, to design-build of a fast-track facility, we execute each project with persistent accountability. We listen to your goals so that we may develop strategies to successfully build your vision.
Members of Hill & Wilkinson Benefits Program, have access to the following benefits:
- Basic life insurance
- Short‐term disability (Exempt Employees Only)
- Long‐term disability (Exempt Employees Only)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- College 529 plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
The project engineer assists the project manager in facilitating and controlling the flow of information on the project. The PE’s role, as with all project management, is to support and facilitate field operations. This includes monitoring and controlling contracts, submittals, construction documents, and the like.
- All responsibilities of PE Level 2 with limited to no supervision from senior staff
- Determines permitting requirements and coordinates entire permitting process
- Coordinates SWPPP Documents with SWPPP Coordinator and ensures fully executed SWPPP book are in the appropriate locations before project begins
- Reviews plans and specifications with project team for constructability issues and documents with design team
- Creates complete baseline project schedule with senior project management staff and superintendent
- Can analyze schedule updates, identifying areas of actual and potential variance and communicate action plan to project team
- Can conduct subcontractor coordination meetings with no supervision from PM or Superintendent.
- Can conduct Owner/Architect/Contractor coordination meetings, including creating agenda, with limited supervision from Project Manager or Superintendent
- Change authorization up to 5% of contract value or $3000, whichever is less
- Verifies that all standard and special inspections have been completed and documented
- Can prepare initial project budget with direct supervision from senior staff
- Can “buy out” most scopes of work with minimal supervision from senior staff
- Can process cost projections according to established corporate procedures