Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. BISCI Installation Course Instructor - (DS16417) in Austin, Texas
JOB TITLE: BISCI Installation Course Instructor
DIVISION: Goodwill Career & Technical Academy
REPORTS TO: Director of Instruction
Goodwill Central Texas is looking for a BICSI Installer Certification Instructor to work with a class/group of up to 20 students. The BICSI Installation Instructor is responsible for planning and teaching the following courses: IN101: Installer 1 Training n IN225: Installer 2, Copper Training n IN250: Installer 2, Optical Fiber Training n TE350: Technician Training.
COMPANY: Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100,000 Central Texans through work.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Deliver the BICSI course curriculum to best meet the needs of employers and students.? 2. Build a material list that will allow students to obtain all skills outlined in curriculum. ? 3. Deliver curriculum so students will be prepared to enter the low voltage field with an understanding of basic safety, tool operation, and material assembly. ? 4. Offer one-on-one support to students during hands-on sessions. ? 5. Instruct students in laboratory safety procedures.? 6. Collaborate with program partners to align instruction, monitor students’ progress, and identify and address issues during BICSI course.? 7. Evaluate and document students’ progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained. ? 8. Provide a positive, stimulating learning environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of communication common to the industry.? 9. Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules and course requirements with hours of instruction and content.? 10. Promote the mission of the Goodwill Career & Technical Academy (GCTA) program in a positive manner with all staff, participants and partners.? 11. Take industry feedback to adjust curriculum. ? 12. Perform other related duties as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on a team of instructors to help further the mission of the GCTA.?
- Recruit students as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Hold a current BICSI Technician designation (information regarding this designation is available at www.bicsi.org/technician).
- Have attended and successfully completed the current version of BICSI’s Technician Training Course (TE350).
- Have at least five years of current and verifiable cabling experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in optical fiber systems.
- Have at least one year prior training experience
- Experience with or desire to work with individuals who have barriers to employment.
- Ability to connect with a wide variety of students.
- Ability to problem solve disconnects between trainings and employer needs.
- 1-3 years teaching experience.?
- Flexible schedule.
- Membership or involvement in related industry organizations.?
- Understanding of pipeline constraints of the Central Texas construction industry.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$55-$65/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: DS16417
Job Title: BISCI Installation Course Instructor
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Austin, TX
Post Date: 10/12/2016