TD Industries Inc Boiler Technician in Austin, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development into engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the United States generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a skilled Boiler Technician *to join our growing Central Texas Service business in *Austin. If you are seeking to be a part of an organization that is committed to career growth, we invite you to apply.
- A minimum of five (5) years boiler maintenance and repair experience is required.
- A High school diploma or equivalent; diploma from a recognized trade or technical school or equivalent comprised of 5 years of experience and training.
- Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
- Ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as evidenced by past driving performance record and to adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Must be able to meet Texas Motor Vehicle and company fleet requirements to operate a commercial vehicle and trailer (CDL, Driving Record in good standing, etc.).
- Ability to competently use a variety of gauges, meters, measuring instruments, hand and power tools and equipment.
- Troubleshooting heating equipment including Copper Fin, Low, Medium and high mass boilers.
- Troubleshooting and repair on the following: Boilers, VFD’s.
- Maintains on-going required continued education, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Ability to competently navigate within the following controls; Siemens LMV3, Siemens LMV5, Siemens RWF40, Honeywell Sola, Synex and SC500.
- Must have the ability to set combustion curve on both linkage and servo driven train.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases and oils.
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions. Willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by job demands.
- Participates in the technician on-call stand-by rotation as required.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
Our employees “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. Fortune Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Austin, TX