Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Career Case Manager – Youth Services - (TM16440) in Austin, Texas
JOB TITLE: Career Case Manager – Youth Services
DIVISION: Workforce Advancement
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Youth Services
COMPANY: Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100,000 Central Texans through work.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
The Career Case Manager supports the basic needs and service coordination for Goodwill clients seeking assistance with education, job training and employment related services. The Career Case Manager will work closely with clients in developing service plans including goals for training, education, and employment. The Career Case Manager works closely with other Workforce Advancement professionals in coordinating services provided within and outside of Goodwill.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain client caseloads. Support clients’ development with respect to resume building, job applications, interviewing and job searching skills.
- Support clients in assessing and identifying services needed to support their participation in and achievement of individualized goals.
- Apply extensive knowledge of regional labor market needs and trends which will support an evidence based career path for our clients.
- Coordinate with appropriate social services professionals in delivering services necessary to support clients in achieving employment stability.
- Provide guidance, support, and appropriate community/alternative service provider referrals to clients in crisis situations.
- As part of each individual career plan, identify short and long term goals that support clients on their path towards their education, training, and employment goals. Track and document goal acquisitions and support clients in their transition to next steps according to their individual career plan.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all clients through ECM and other required client tracking databases. Strictly adhere to all data entry requirements set forth by Goodwill and other funding sources. Adhere to confidentiality protocols related to electronic and paper files and documents.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with GCT Career Advancement Team to connect client with career advancement trainings and the Business Development team to connect client with employment opportunities.
- Obtain information, complete reports and meet/exceed all performance targets as required by Goodwill and other funding sources.
- Participate in and contribute to community collaborations and inter-agency discussions that further the Goodwill mission and clients goals. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Vocational Rehabilitation, Human Services, Counseling, or similar/related field required.
- One year experience in delivering case management services required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of interviewing skills, community resources, assessing for progressive attainment of skills in clients served and skills in networking.
- Ability to use Windows based computer applications.
- Texas Driver’s License, good driving record, liability insurance, vehicle in good working condition to travel on work related business.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, Vocational Rehabilitation, Adult Continuing Education or Human Services.
- 2-3 years of experience working with marginalized youth and/or adults; knowledge of adult learning theory; working with ethically and culturally diverse youth and adults
- Global Career Development Facilitator- GCDF or in process of gaining certification.
- Bilingual (Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, or ASL)
- Texas Notary Public.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$17/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Please ensure that your resume and/or application reflect a history consistent with the duties and requirements desired for this position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: TM16440
Job Title: Career Case Manager – Youth Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Austin, TX
Post Date: 10/14/2016