Jacobs Civil EIT (Water, Wastewater, and H&H) in AUSTIN, Texas
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Fantastic opportunity to join Jacobs in Austin, Texas as an entry level Water, Wastewater, Hydraulics & Hydrology EIT! This individual will be responsible for performing all aspects of engineering. Initial responsibilities will be to learn and perform computer-aided design and drafting (CADD). Position works under supervision of project engineers and project manager. Work is reviewed for adequacy on completion. Ability and desire to use production tools, such as CADD systems, computer graphic and design programs, modeling software and computer equipment are a must
• Analyze and review reports, maps, construction drawings, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan and perform CADD design work on waterlines, sewers, force mains, pump stations, storage tanks and treatment plant projects; visit routes and sites to take photographs and record field notes to choose routes and sites and facilitate design.
• Learn and perform computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
• Assist in preparation of planning studies for water and wastewater facilities.
• Compute pipeline capacity and grade requirements, hydraulic losses, and pump station total heads to determine design criteria and specifications.
• Work as a team member to perform hydrologic and hydraulic studies, design calculations and prepare reports, construction plans and specifications as required by assignments
• Develop 1D and 2D flow models using unsteady state hydraulics
• Participate in work prior to surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations facilitate design.
• Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
• Plan and design projects, following company, construction, and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
• Attend project meetings, coordinate work with project team members, supervisor/client.
• Create design-related drawings such as site plans, grading plans, erosion control plans, profile sheets, facility and equipment layouts and details utilizing CADD programs with supervision by project engineers, project manager and discipline specialists.
• Prepare preliminary engineering reports including collecting and analyzing data, performing calculations, determining the best solution for the application and making recommendations in order to present and establish the basis of design for projects.
• Interact with clients, staff and supervisor to gain information about projects.
• Attend project meetings, coordinates work with project team members, supervisor/client.
• Responsible for preparing drawings and specifications as well as changes to drawings based on engineering staff and supervisor markups, edits, QA/QC comments and/or suggestions.
• Responsible for incorporating survey data into project drawings to create items such as pipelines alignments and profiles.
• Conduct preliminary engineering by analyzing data, performing calculations and evaluating options to develop the best solution and make recommendation.
• Communicates and coordinates information with other engineering disciplines and company offices.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• Masters Degree is preferred
• At least one previous internship working on design of Wastewater or H&H projects is required
• Should have an EIT certification
• Familiarization with design software (i.e., AutoCAD, Microstation, etc.)
• Knowledge of basic engineering principles and prescribed methods.
• Ability to efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately and on time.
• Water System, Wastewater, and/or Drainage experience is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Title: Civil EIT (Water, Wastewater, and H&H)
Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Requisition ID: BI 00011Z