Travis County Texas Deputy Constable in Austin, Texas
Performs timely service of all criminal and civil processes issued by the courts and enforces local, state and federal laws; under moderate supervision engages in investigatory duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers and executes civil process papers, maintains records and files of executions received.
- Seizes property under court orders and holds auction on levied property.
- Enforces local, state, federal, and compulsory school attendance laws as required.
- Responds to inquiries and serves as liaison to other agencies and the public.
- Transports prisoners to jail and may transport persons committed to mental institutions to state hospital.
- Serves warrants, makes arrests.
- Serves as a bailiff for Justice of the Peace court.
- Responds to major emergencies and disasters.
- May perform the following additional duties (varies with the precinct assigned):
- Provides building security services and person inspections.
- May perform traffic related functions.
- Checks title and serial numbers on vehicles, maintains patrol vehicles, and searches for missing persons.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements
Education and Experience:
Requires a High School diploma or equivalency certificate with no felony convictions.
Must be at least 21 years of age or at least 18 years of age with 60 or more hours of accredited college credits or 2 years of military service with an honorable discharge.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
Requires active peace officer license.
Requires active TCOLE certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Criminal Justice System.
- Law enforcement process and arrest practices.
- Effective communication.
- Use of firearms.
- Write incident reports.
- Execute warrants.
- Respond to unexpected situations in a reasonable and professional manner.
- Safely operate a police vehicle. Work Environment & Other Information
Constant standing, handling, use of vision, depth perception. Frequent reaching, forceful gripping, use of fine dexterity. Occasional sitting, walking, climbing, kneeling/crouching, bending/squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, talking. Exposure to excessive heat and cold (outdoor conditions); job may involve danger due to contact with criminals and suspects. Must be able to perform physical functions associated with operating a motor vehicle, safely operate a firearm, radio equipment and computer equipment.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Work Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Monday through Friday Works some nights and weekends
Department: Constable Precinct #5
Location: 1003 Guadalupe St., Austin
Physical and Psychological Exam Required Drug Test Required Criminal, Credit, Driving, Education and Employment Background Check Required.
Salary: $49,686.62 Annually $49,686.62 Annually
Job Number: 15-03339
Location: Austin, TX
Closing: 11/7/2016 11:59 PM Central
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Constable 5
Agency: Travis County
Address: 700 Lavaca Street, Suite 420 Austin, Texas, 78701.