YP Digital Sales Executive - Austin in Austin, Texas
JOB SUMMARY: The YP Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for securing new SMB clients/business for YP digital and print advertising/marketing products and services within the assigned geographic territory. The SE is provided target list(s) of prospective SMB customers within the territory and SE revenue and activity goals are for 100% new business development. The SE conducts sufficient/significant outbound cold-calling (phone, email, etc.) to introduce YP, identify the decision-maker, and then secure the appropriate number of in-person meetings to achieve target new business goals. S/he advises customers on how to optimize their revenue through YP marketing/advertising in digital and print media. S/he is accountable for analysis, planning and achievement of target outcomes, and adhering to YP standards, system use, and upholding the YP brand. This is a remote position, with the majority of time in territory meeting customers, staying informed of relevant business activity within the territory, and doing prospecting activity. Accounts sold are transitioned to the Account Management team after 13 months.
JOB DETAILS: Required Activities:
- Review and analyze the assigned account list to develop a sales action plan.
- Conduct targeted outreach via email and phone calls to establish in-person meetings.
- Prepare for in-person meetings with prospective customers.
- Attend in-person meetings with prospective customers.
- Prepare and present proposal/contracts for YP products and services.
- Follow up on proposals to secure orders.
- Enter customer orders and payment information into YP order systems.
- Schedule weekly activities to optimize prospective customer contact.
- Work with Account Managers (AMs) and other SEs to optimize territory penetration and overall YP performance.
- Staying informed of YP products/services and SMB marketing trends.
- Attend Performance and Review meetings.
- Meet assigned billed revenue and new client acquisition goals.
- Schedule and attend 10-12 client meetings per week.
- Close one new account per week.
- Record all activity in Salesforce CRM.
- Attend all team meetings and corporate events.
- Represent YP in a professional manner at all times.
REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
Experience: 2+ years of B2B new business (hunter) sales with the following elements:
- All new business sales goals.
- Has met or exceeded assigned revenue targets.
- Using high-volume phone-based cold calling in the sales process.
- Conducting in-person discussions and presentations (solo) with customers with comparable frequency to the YP SE position (10-12/week).
- Logging/reporting on sales activity and customer relationship status in the sales cycle in a CRM (Salesforce.com preferred).
- Selling digital services requiring knowledge of business use of technology (not necessarily advertising).
- Working virtually with success showing strong self-management.
- Working successfully in a fast-paced business environment.
- Knowledge of digital and print advertising, marketing and e-commerce, including SEO/SEM, social media and mobile marketing tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of B2B sales process, insight selling and other common sales tools and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being articulate, persuasive, respectful, and concise; and using proper grammar (required).
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Good critical thinking ability in order to quickly identify important information and to apply logic and common sense.
- Motivation to succeed.
YP is a leading local marketing solutions provider in the US dedicated to helping local businesses and communities grow. YP’s flagship consumer brands can reach nearly 95% of US internet users, which are used by nearly 70 million visitors each month in the US. YP solutions had more than 1 billion searches on mobile and more than 1.3 billion searches online in 2015. The YP app has been downloaded more than 20 million times and YP has almost 7 million registered users of its website and apps. YP solutions and services are backed by thousands of media consultants and customer service professionals in local markets across the US with relationships spanning nearly half a million advertisers.
As we continue to expand our leadership in the mobile local ad market we find ourselves with several distinctions including; ranking among the top 50 digital media companies in the world, owner of the *31st largest website *(YP.com) and a top *40 mobile app *(YPmobile).
To learn more about joining our exciting team check us out and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Apply now »
- Please wait...
Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Date: Oct 7 2016
Location: Austin TX US
Req ID: 46482
Posting Notes: Sales || Austin || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || YP Texas Reg Yellow Pages LLC
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Sales Management, Social Media, Business Development, Advertising, Sales, Marketing