ShoreTel Dir. Product Management in Austin, Texas
ShoreTel seeks an exceptional professional to help develop and grow our burgeoning communications hosted UCaaS business. ShoreTel has a complete UC product offering in the market called_ "Connect"_ that with 3 deployment models, Cloud, Hybrid and Onsite and a comprehensive Contact Center offering. The highest growth opportunity is in the market are the mid-market, enterprise segments and to evolve the contact center business.
As the Director Product Management the successful candidate will be in charge of developing ShoreTel’s strategy to grow in the fastest growing UCaaS market segments; you will have a unique opportunity to lead the definition of the business plan, realization, and business performance of these growth opportunities for the company. Your goal will be to drive the growth and on-going success of these business lines as the ShoreTel’s customers are migrating from premise to cloud and as new ways of engagement with customers is revolutionizing the contact center industry.
We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude that is highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization. If you are an overachiever and want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, then consider a career at ShoreTel. You can dramatically shape everything from our daily operations to our global presence.
This position can be located in Austin, TX or Sunnyvale, CA and will be reporting directly to our VP of Product Management.
The team of the Director of Product Management will be direct reports for Contact Center Product Management, Technical Marketing and over time Enterprise Solution Management
- Market segmentation, prioritizing use cases and verticals in a highly ambiguous and fast moving industry with little primary market research
- Develop the UCaaS business plan and roadmap including the defining the go-to-market models and offers for the mid-market and enterprise segment as well as the contact center market that builds a high growth revenue stream for ShoreTel and differentiates with migration of existing and new customers and leveraging existing and new partners
- Obtain approval from product leadership and executive staff for the business strategies and roadmap
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to build the go-to-market strategy/plan and driving adoption and growth of the business.
- Collaborate with the other product owners to have clear linkages between mid-market, enterprise, verticals and small business segments as well as working with the other product owners responsible for specific elements of the UC stack and service delivery to mention a few
- Understand the UCaaS and enterprise IT eco-system and be able to craft market and product requirement documents
- Conducting competitive analysis against key UCaaS vendors to understand our relative strengths and weaknesses along with market opportunities
- Own the roadmaps. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions
- Working with end–customers and partners, identify the end-to-end requirements for the highest priority opportunities with respect to our core telephony software
- Develop key competitor profiles including deep dive assessments as well as higher-level competitive sales tools
- Develop business cases for proposed developments and champion these across the company and to the executive staff
- Work cross-functionally to drive commitment of the resources and delivery schedule for the required services
- Enable on-going sales success via sales tools, education programs, market and channel evangelism, promotions, and incentives
- Provide ongoing analysis of market success – along with insight on the next steps – to ShoreTel management and executive staff
- Define and manage Summit’s overall pricing and margins
- 12+ years of product management experience with a track record of developing new and/or growing existing businesses, preferably SaaS, PaaS and with a focus on Enterprise IT and UCaaS applications.
- 5+ years in a leadership role with/or without direct reports
- Working experience of developing and executing business plans in complex matrix organization including obtaining executive approval.
- Demonstrated results of business leadership in fast moving, highly ambiguous situations
- Experience with Contact Center applications desired
- Experience building effective geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated results working across the entire product lifecycle
- Demonstrated results driving adoption of new products in new markets
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Deep experience with Unified Communications applications such as PBX, messaging, conferencing, video, collaboration enabling a mobile workstyle is highly desired
- Experience with Enterprise IT application and network management, security software and similar desired
- Experience developing applications using container technology desired
- Experience developing SDKs and APIs for external use desired
- Telephony/PBX experience desired
- Excellent business acumen with the proven ability to both think strategically and translate this to tactical action plans that drive the business
- Broad range of technical understanding including data networking, security infrastructure, cloud architecture and client / server solutions
- Ability to work with customers and partners to understand both product and service requirements and translate those clearly for the rest of the company
- Leadership experience in working cross functionally across a company to bring teams together and achieve on-time results while managing project costs
- Strong business analytical skills and the ability to develop business cases, assess and understand results, identify issues and solutions, and present these clearly
- Experience in developing messaging and delivering the message effectively to the market via sales tools, collateral, promotions, web content, and other materials
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization with both business and technical audiences
- Compelling presenter with the ability to effectively communicate to large and small audiences including experience with trade-show, analyst, and customer presentations
- Able to travel 30-40% with occasional international travel
- Technical degree: IT, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering is highly desired
- MBA is highly desired
ShoreTel (NASDAQ: SHOR) provides businesses worldwide with communications solutions that make interactions simple. From business phone systems, unified communications and contact center solutions to a fully hosted voice and SMS development platform, ShoreTel delivers unmatched flexibility and ease for companies looking to increase productivity and drive innovation. ShoreTel offers solutions in the cloud, onsite or a hybrid of both, giving customers the freedom to choose the best fit for their business needs now and in the future. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., ShoreTel has offices and partners worldwide. For more information, visit shoretel.com.
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Date posted: October 19, 2016
Department: Product Management