Mutual of Omaha District Sales Manager (Austin, TX-DO) in Austin, Texas
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
District Sales Manager in the Austin Division Office - Assist the General Manager in building a LADL (life, annuity, disability and critical illness insurance products) focused Agency with:
1. production growth through "needs based" selling;
2. producer development by recruiting, selecting, training, developing, and retaining new and experienced Advisors; and
3. profitable operations by prudent management while achieving goals.
1. Management of Unit responsibilities to include the following:
- plan, staff and direct a unit of independently contracted Advisors by developing market and territory strategies while building a pool of high potential candidates and ensure selection processes are appropriately administered
- manage the environment and activities of the unit to ensure Advisors maintain a professional and ethical relationship with each other, Company associates and clients; communicate clear expectations for them as representatives of Mutual of Omaha
- oversee overwrite trainer (Field Mentor) in performance of duties meet district operation plan (DOP) goals as set by Agency Sales
2. Ensure marketing and training needs of the Unit/Agency are met by the following:
- active participation in and responsibility for the formal and compliant training programs provided for Advisors in all sales, marketing, prospecting and product areas,
- day to day product, sales and field training of Advisors (assist on client calls as needed)
- assuring that only well-trained Advisors are representing the Company to our policyholders
- serving as a role model for the agency sales force through leadership and example, (i.e. participating in professional seminars/workshops, pursuing required professional credentials and industry designations, etc).
- ensuring Advisors participate in advanced training and the pursuing of professional requirements
3. Develop a professional sales force and assure Company needs for sales and succession planning are met by:
- Implementing effective Unit/Agency recruitment, selection, and retention strategies
- Maintain a mentoring and career counseling relationship with other DSMs and Advisors
- Implement strategies to develop current Advisors for key sales management positions
- Develop Advisors into highly qualified and productive professionals
4. Oversee the Advisor's compliance with applicable statutes, rules, regulations and corporate standards regarding sales practices, licensing and producer activity. Ensure Unit complies with state, federal and corporate requirements.
5. Professionally represent Mutual of Omaha in local community, insurance industry and professional associations. Maintain a high level of prominence in the local community and association activities.
6. Develop and maintain an effective professional relationship with Agency Sales Home Office and Field staff, as well as Human Resources, Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting, Customer Service and other support areas; facilitate the accurate identification and resolution of problems; and participate in and support Company initiatives.
7. Support the General Manager in the total management of the division office; remain focused on long-term objectives, make sound business decisions in support of Company goals, and comply with all Company policies, Federal and State regulations and industry guidelines.
This position requires up to 65% travel, which may include flying and / or driving and some over night stays and an active driver's license.
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
- In depth knowledge of the insurance industry practices and trends, current sales methodology, business and personnel management principles and practices, multi-line insurance fundamentals, state and federal legislation.
- Proven sales skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Current Life and Health license or ability to become licensed with Mutual, United and any required Affiliate Company in the state(s) required for the agency.
- Solid innovative/problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong verbal/written communication, human relations and leadership skills.
- Ability to prepare and implement marketing and prospecting plans.
- Successful career as an Insurance-based Financial Advisor.
- Previous recruiting or sales experience within local market.
- Understanding of Mutual of Omaha individual products.
- Detailed product knowledge, with expertise in life, annuity, disability and critical illness insurance products.
- Active driver's license
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Possession of or the ability/willingness to attain FINRA Series 6 (Investment Company/Variable Contracts Limited Representative) and where applicable, Series 63 (Uniform Securities State Law Exam) registrations within 90 days of placement in the job.
- Possession of or the ability/willingness to attain FINRA Series 26 (Investment Company/Variable Contracts Limited Principal) must be completed within 90 days of receiving Securities License (S6 & S63).
- Previous experience in employee and/or agent recruiting, selection, training and retention skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Requisition ID: 028567