Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Donation Attendant- San Marcos - (MH163853) in Austin, Texas
JOB TITLE: Donation Attendant
DIVISION: Donated Goods
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Assistant Manager
COMPANY: Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100,000 Central Texans through work. The Donated Goods Division funds a large part of this mission.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Donation Attendant provides excellent customer service to Goodwill Central Texas donors and customers inside and outside of retail locations. Greets donors, receives donations, and supplies donors with receipts. Prepares donations for the production processing area and works to efficiently expedite merchandise in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE TO APPLICANT: Please consider the job location when reviewing open positions and apply for those jobs to which you can travel. As a member of Goodwill Central Texas Retail Staff, and as a condition of employment, you will be required to work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening, production, and closing operations. This schedule will include work on weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all our donors/customers.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere by greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles.
- Complete donor receipts and offer the donor a copy.
- Sort donated items into designated categories.
- Comply with safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Maintain a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards.
- Comply with all GCT policies, including, but not limited to, reporting theft or misuse of company property or other illegal activities.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and comply with Corporate Compliance Program.
- Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor.
- Meet annual mandatory training requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help truck drivers and their assistants load/unload donations into company vehicles for transport to/from other store locations.
- Maintain a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill standards, including compliance with GCT dress code.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as needed.
- Communicate GCT’s mission and vision effectively to our donors and customers.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- A minimum of six months of previous work experience, or the equivalent educational or vocational experience.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to all of our customers.
- Ability to understand English and interact with customers and employees.
- Ability to read, write, and understand basic instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with associates and customers.
- Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours- per 8 hour shift).
- Ability to lift 35 pounds frequently.
- Ability to pass post-offer lifting test.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to motivate the team.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Previous pallet packing and forklift experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Multilingual with fluency in English.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Hourly pay rate: $9.00
Full time employees may qualify for our comprehensive benefits package.
Part time employees may also qualify for some benefits.
Please ensure that your resume and/or application reflect a history consistent with the duties and requirements desired for this position.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-897-7781.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: MH163853
Job Title: Donation Attendant- San Marcos
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Austin, TX
Post Date: 10/07/2016