Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. E-Books Team Member - South Austin - (HS18389) in Austin, Texas
JOB TITLE: E-Books Team Member
REPORTS TO: E-Commerce Supervisor E-Commerce Manager
COMPANY: Established in 1958 Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development one of the largest employers in our region and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores comprehensive business and staffing solutions and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100000 Central Texans through work.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
Each E-Book Team Member is responsible for assisting in the sorting evaluating and listing of books and media for sale online using our automated inventory management system. They also assist in all critical pre- and post-sale duties including shelving books and media retrieving sold items from our warehouse packing orders and labeling packages for our shipping carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieving ordered items from warehouse and accurately matching pick sheet to SKU and title.
- Packing books and media and utilizing correct sizes and types of envelopes for each item.
- Using shipping application software to generate shipping labels and identifying address issues.
- Meeting daily production goals for item listing and shipping.
- Accurately listing accepted books and media for sale online using inventory management form identifying item condition and verifying listing information matches actual item.
- Accurately locating books and media to storage shelves.
- Keep all work areas clean and safe while working and at the end of the day.
- All duties are performed in a warehouse that is not climate controlled.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting with regular purging of unsold inventory.
- Moving reusable totes pallets and large gaylord boxes of books and media in staging area and workspace.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Must meet attendance requirements.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to multi-task rapidly and efficiently to meet daily production quotas.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. push a wheeled cart holding 100lbs and be able to bend and twist.
- Must have functional eyesight to identify and validate orders.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions well.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Prior experience working in an ecommerce warehouse environment.
- Prior experience working with books and media.
- Basic computer skills: using data entry form for listing items and generating mailing labels.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$9.00/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: HS18389
Job Title: E-Books Team Member - South Austin
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Austin, TX
Post Date: 07/17/2017