Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Evening Humanities High School Instructor - (DS16442) in Austin, Texas
JOB TITLE: Evening Humanities High School Instructor
Job Type: Part-time
DIVISION: Charter School
REPORTS TO: Head of School
POSITION SUMMARY: The Goodwill Excel Center is seeking instructors for our evening courses. These courses begin at 4:00 PM and end at 9:40 PM on Monday through Thursday to provide flexible scheduling for our adult students. Instructors will be expected to provide direct instruction in the area of Humanities, as well as assist those students completing coursework via Compass Learning online.
COMPANY: Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100,000 Central Texans through work.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Provide instruction to students in the area of Humanities (Primarily English 1 – 4; US History; Government; Economics; W. History; W. Geography; Some Electives) that ensures students master Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS). 2. Plans lessons, projects and units for use in the after school program and ensure the successful execution and implementation of these plans. 3. Use attendance and assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices to achieve learning goals. 4. Build and shape instruction around student needs. 5. Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade/ability-level activities, and school-wide functions aimed at improving student retention, productivity, school culture, and new student orientation. 6. Engage students through a hands-on curriculum that reinforces the fun of learning, while inspiring intellectual curiosity and a passion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist school team with outreach efforts and community integration events throughout the school year (periodically at nights and on weekends).
- Collaborate with teachers to integrate technology into traditional content areas throughout the school curriculum.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of current educational trends in Humanities curriculum and instruction.
- Possess the essential mindset that all students can achieve at high levels.
- Demonstrated mastery of Chemistry content knowledge.
- Drive to improve the outcomes and lives of students in and out of the classroom.
- Proven record of results that illustrates the teacher’s ability to increase student achievement utilizing subject-specific instructional strategies.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make necessary adjustments to achieve learning goals.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Portfolio and a classroom demonstration showing instructional excellence.
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player; adaptable to shifting priorities while maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Has working knowledge of computer programs and accessing internet applications: Microsoft Office products, Google Applications (specifically Gmail), Excel, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Current Texas Teaching Certification in subject specialty.
- 1+ year experience working with Adults.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
- Experience working with high school age students in urban, non-traditional, and/or adult education setting.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Base range: $19-22/hour with license and also depending level of experience and qualifications.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: DS16442
Job Title: Evening Humanities High School Instructor
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Austin, TX
Post Date: 10/14/2016