TD Industries Inc Facility Maintenance Technician in Austin, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle solutions in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the southwest generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
We are currently seeking a Facility Maintenance Technicianto join our Central Texas Service team in Austin, TX.
- Responds to Facility Service Work Orders from building occupants. Requests may include plumbing, light HVAC, lighting, roofing and electrical service calls.
- Performs inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, modifications and general facility maintenance tasks in the areas of painting, patching, fixtures, caulking, carpentry, etc.
- Assists higher level Technicians as directed.
- Completes all required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Takes readings from nominal equipment and makes timely entry into appropriate logs.
- Works on and completes all facility team-based goals.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience performing HVAC preventative maintenance tasks on various large commercial building systems in a commercial building environment.
- A High School Diploma (or GED) and general work experience related to people and/or machinery is required.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, which include repetitive tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
- Ability to work within precise limits and standards of numerical accuracy.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Good math, verbal, written skills as well as good interpersonal skills are desired.
- Basic computer skill knowledge is also desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds and carry it a distance of 50 yards.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
- Works mainly indoors but can be exposed to temperature extremes and other weather conditions when working outdoors.
The above description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant duties and responsibilities may be required in order to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Austin, TX