IHG F&B Bar / Outlets Manager - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin in Austin, Texas
Do you see yourself as a F&B Bar/ Outlets Manager ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into camping, shopping or painting your own pictures, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability for assigned beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the food and beverage department.
- Establish and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of liquor, bar inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and breakage of glassware and supplies. Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory.
Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
Ensure all staff is properly trained, and certified as required, and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
Interact with outside contacts:
Guests to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and receive prompt and professional service.
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery procedures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
Manage the day-to-day activities of one or more bar/lounge outlets. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage, and plan and assign work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
Create innovativeprograms and promotions to market special menu items and drinks. Support system-wide food and beverageprograms. Monitor performance of suchprograms through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective measures as needed. Conduct meetings to inform staff of specialpromotions, daily specials, and additional information.
Ensure that all bar equipment, including but not limited to sinks, taps, blenders, cash registers, etc., is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all bar/lounge facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- May serve as Manager on Duty
- Perform other duties as assigned including assisting bar staff with their job functions during peak periods.
Qualifications include High School diploma or equivalent and one year of restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hospitality Management Degree or formal food and beverage operations training preferred.
An alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards may be required by local or state government agency. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds, moving about the outlet(s), handling objects and products, bending, stooping and kneeling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Requisition ID: R124943