IHG Front Desk Agent- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions inaccordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting allcharges, completing cashier and other reports, preparingdeposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professionalmanner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information onhotel services and room location.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues tomanagement that may require
- Additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Makeappropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guestsatisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/orgroups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions,and information updates on changes.
- Promote team work and quality service through dailycommunications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours,concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
Requirements include holding a High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college is preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes free shift meals, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Requisition ID: R125029