American Express Information Security Analyst in Austin, Texas
· Support mission-critical, operational Email security platform(s)
· Strong customer service focus to successfully interact with end-users and peer teams
· Good understanding of Email security basics (Directory Authentication, Rules & Policies, Virus/Spam defenses, Quarantined email processing, Log Analysis and Tracking, and other general security principles)
· Perform various activities as they relate to Email Security:
o Trouble-shoot and resolve tickets (within SLA) related to operations and end-user requests
o Complete daily/weekly administration tasks related to the email security platform
o Monitor, trouble-shoot and escalate operational security threats and anomalies as needed
o Comply with standard processes and procedures documentation (Run Books)
o Data analysis of reports and logs to identify root causes of incidents
o Attitude and commitment to continuous process improvement
· 1-3 years of Information security experience
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
· Experience working in an enterprise ticketing system (i.e. ServiceNow)
· Active Directory and LDAP knowledge a plus
· Good Email Security and Networking experience- TCP/IP, Firewalls, IPS/IDS, PKI, Load Balancing
· Ability to communicate technical topics and concepts
· Ability to follow standard processes to achieve information security and business objectives
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to collaborate with technically and culturally diverse teams
· Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed teams to achieve results
· Ability to support 24x7x365 on-call rotation as needed
· Financial/Banking experience preferred
Educational requirement: Associates Degree in Information Systems, Information Security, or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience required
Preferred Additional: Industry recognized security certifications including CompTIA Security , SSCP, or CEH are considered a plus. Experience in Regular Expression, scripting and/or automation.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Title: Information Security Analyst
Other Locations: US-Arizona-Phoenix
Requisition ID: 16014201