VMware Inside Sales Manager-DELL in Austin, Texas
The Inside Sales Manager (ISM) will be responsible for building and leading a team of Inside Mobile / EUC Specialists (IS). These reps are mapped to our partner’s sales segments and sales teams, and they are responsible for generating demand for the VMware mobile portfolio of products in both new and existing accounts. They are responsible for meeting and exceeding a sales quota by excelling at key critical success factors, including outbound calls, demos, open trials, opportunity identification, pipeline maturation and upsell/cross-sell. They are expected to be trusted advisors on the topic of mobility, identity management and end user computing.
The Inside Sales Manager is expected to be an expert in three things:
• Education: Managers will themselves become experts on the product portfolio and will be doing hands on training for their sales reps (live training, role playing, call monitoring and joint selling). This also includes creation/tuning of sales materials and call scripts
• Metrics: In addition to revenue and pipeline measurement, each manager will track daily, weekly and monthly activity metrics on their teams to ensure the team is spending their time on the highest value add actions at all times. They will understand our urgency and execution for success every 90 days. Key area of success for the mobility portfolio is 1) generating meaningful conversations with partner sellers and end customers 2) hosting end customer facing demos 3) converting demos of the product to quotes or trials of the solution 4) converting the quotes and trials to closed won business.
• Motivation: The Inside Partner Specialist Team is fast-paced and success driven – the management team is responsible for creating a positive, up-beat environment that cultivates energy, ultimately creates a fun place to work hard, and supports career advancement through positive coaching. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in accelerating sales results, driving change, and leading with passion within an Inside Sales and Partner organization. This is a proven leader who has poise, dedication, thoughtfulness, and a true care for individuals and VMW.
• Achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly bookings targets
• Achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly pipeline funnel building targets
• Achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly pipeline new account acquisition targets
• Build and maintain an upbeat positive culture that inspires a sense of urgency, constant innovation & learning, and a strong sense of individual and team accountability
• Build and manage a team of direct quota carrying inside sales people
• Achieve sales goals by building and optimizing programs designed for sales execution
• Collaborate with Channel and Marketing functions on key initiatives including demand generation programs and customer acquisition strategies
• Interlock with field leaders
• Act professional at all times and be a role model
• Work cross-functionally to achieve operational excellence for maximum sales productivity
• Outgoing, creative, self-starter, team player
• Proven track record for meeting sales quota in a broad, diverse and complex geography or vertical market
• Understanding of modern data center infrastructure (experience in related technical field will be considered – training provided, fast learning and ultimate mastery of technology is a must)
• Expert in creating sales plays, writing call scripts, coaching reps and conducting sales trainings
• Ability to establish and cultivate strong internal and customer focused relationships and work seamlessly within a matrix managed environment
• Ability to work closely with Regional General Business Sales Managers and Senior Partner Executives
• Detailed knowledge of specified systems, metrics, and customer segmentation that supports growth in an inside sales model
• Outstanding ability to forecast, set goals & objectives and monitor sales activity
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
Austin, TX, US
Inside Sales Manager-DELL
Home Office - Texas
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Level of Job (LinkedIn):