Home Depot IT DEVELOPER II - Support of Existing Systems POS (102808) in Austin, Texas
IT DEVELOPER II - Support of Existing Systems POS (102808)
TX - Austin
Date Posted:Oct 11, 2016
Company:The Home Depot
Functional Area:Information Technology
POSITION PURPOSE - This position gives you the exciting opportunity to maintain and develop the Point of Sale (POS) solution, using leading edge technologies, and the reward of seeing a positive, immediate impact on Store Associates. As IT Developer II you will be responsible for: Assessing production issues, developing immediate and long term solutions, and participating in long term development projects. Project duties you will participate in are: Reviewing and contributing to the Project Charter, Business, and System Requirements; creation of the Design documents; participating in Business and Technical Reviews; creation of code, code validation and correction during Integration and QA Phases. This role requires a self-starter who can work as a team member or independently.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - Define, plan and implement solutions on assigned moderately complex projects. Take business requirements and develop the total technical design on moderately complex projects and ensure proper usage as part of the design efforts in building a system to be put into production. Conduct appropriate test reviews for assigned projects and present to architecture review boards as necessary. Promote and follow the established processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and standards. Provide technical direction to associate developers, developers and contractors.
NATURE AND SCOPE - Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - • Candidate should have 1-2 years experience in development and/or third level software support.
• Background in Java, Object Oriented Design/Programming, XML, Unix, Windows OS, .NET, SQL/MySQL/Informix, JRun/Tomcat, 360 Commerce Foundation, J2EE, and HTML
• Programming/scripting skills.
SQL experience and database knowledge
• Requires excellent research and diagnostic skills.
Required Soft Skills
• Good communication abilities, should be able talk to technical peers and non-technical business partners.
• Good research skills, ability to dig into incidents from many angles, develop a whole picture understanding, propose/provide solutions and relate the information to others.
• Excellent diagnostic skills, should be able to quickly diagnose issues and devise an immediate solution to correct or recover any data that may have affected and develop long term break fix solutions.
• Provide status reports and feedback to management.
• Team player, should be able to play a mentor role to other team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES - Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner to Management. Strong decision making abilities. Experience developing new application systems for production.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.