IHG Laundry Attendant - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas
Do you see yourself as a Laundry Attendant ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
- Monitor and control supplies, and minimize waste within laundry facility.
- Sort and record discarded linen into categories. Report damages or loss of linen to supervisor.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Receive soiled lines by bag, cart or chute from the floors. Sort all articles by kind, color and degree of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and records all damaged or stained items.
- Operate washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers guidelines. Ensure necessary chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycles.
- Fold clean linens and store as appropriate. Operate linen feeder, sheet folder, towel folder and table linen ironer machines.
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills with some laundry experience preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following:carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 400 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes free shift meals, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: Laundry / Linen
Requisition ID: R124732