MUFG Union Bank Lead Software Engineer, Vice President in Austin, Texas
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Lead Software Engineer: Workday Payroll, Vice President
Our Workday implementation consists of the HCM, Payroll Compensation modules. We have over 130 integrations. Many of these are via a mass download from Workday into a Staging database. Those integrations are extracted from the Staging database via the use of Informatica.
This person would be responsible for leading, developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems. He or she would lead the team/consult with internal business clients to offer solutions using best software and engineering practices. Involved in modeling information sources, flows and critical paths, as well as understanding how information is turned into knowledge and the relationship of knowledge and how it supports and enables key business processes. He or she would facilitate the development of supporting knowledge architecture and standards. Work with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
• Responsible for leading a team of staff for developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems. Leads the team that determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements. Oversees the team/staff that develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components. Controls and work directs activities of the staff.
• Conceive, plan and implement original approaches to solve complex problems of diverse scope. Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences. Works with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups. Regarded as an expert in development with good software engineering practices.
• Plans and organizes the development of technical support standards, evaluates software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements. Will have demonstrated ability to solve complex application and data-related problems and be experienced in resolving issues relating to data security and integrity of controls.
• Initiates and develops concepts to solve extremely complex situations with little or no precedent. Creates new opportunities for the use of new technology. Provides conceptual guidance to other senior and high level technical experts. 20%
• Performs systems design and analysis, develops codes and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components.
• Advanced professional level role. Works on projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise wide complex components. Requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical environments and possesses increased level of business knowledge. Works on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and may be technical leader of advanced or complex projects. Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team. Provides technical work guidance or mentoring. May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
• Must have 2-3 experience with Workday HCM and Payroll integrations using
o Enterprise Integration Builder
o XML/XSL/XSLT/Document Transforms
o Cloud Connect and
o Workday Studio.
• Java script
• Web Services
• Unix Shell scripting
• The following skills are considered a plus:
• SQL Server Database
• PGP/GPG Encryption packages
• SFTP processing.
• Typically has 7-10 years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database.
• Strong leadership skills to gain credibility with various business leaders and stakeholders.
• Makes complex IT and business decisions.
• Works with other IT groups to ensure solid cross-functional decisions are made as a team.
• Possesses expertise in process and data modeling, architectural development methodologies, IT planning methodologies and extensive knowledge of the enterprise's business and decision-making processes.
Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Why Work for MUFG?
We are a financially strong and stable bank.
We value workplace diversity.
We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
Innovative vacation benefits.
We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Lead Software Engineer, Vice President
Requisition ID: 10008692-WD