Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Logistics Management Specialist, GS-0346-09 in Austin, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Austin, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Indefinite
Opened Tuesday 9/27/2016 (25 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (5 day(s) away)
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. Status updates are available on your profile dashboard. Your application will be reviewed to make sure you're eligible & meet the qualifications for the position. If qualifications are met, your application will be referred to the hiring official & your status will be updated to "Referred" on your profile dashboard. All other applicants (not being considered) will receive a "Not Referred" status.
This position is located in G4, DOL, Camp Mabry, Austin, TX. The purpose of this position is to function as the logistics manager of the organization & to serve as the organizational Property Book Officer (PBO) responsible for routine accomplishment & oversight of property accountability functions.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard & wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership & employment in the Texas Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please visit or contact a Texas Army National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite & temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
- All current members of the Texas Army National Guard & individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Army National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and/or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract &contact; your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: This position is open to:
Warrant Officers - CW4 and below
Enlisted - E9 and below
- If the selectee is a new appointee, this will be an Indefinite position which may be converted to Permanent at a later date without further competition, should the incumbent not return from LWOP.
- This will be a Temporary Promotion for Current On-Board technicians & may be converted to Permanent at a later date without further competition.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veteran's preference is not applicable in this agency.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the logistics and property accountability policies for the organization.
- Responsible for the property book operations of the organization in the areas of inventory management, storage management, equipment coordination and supply management.
- Maintains property book accountability utilizing an automated system and/or related computer programs to account for property.
- Ensures compliance with the command supply discipline program (CSDP), and other directed command inspection programs.
- Coordinates with the USPFO, state level Joint Force Headquarters (JFHQ) and subordinate units of the organization on the lateral transfer and/or turn in of excess property. This includes analyzing the proposed transfer/turn in actions and its impact on readiness.
- Establishes quality procedures and oversees the edit of all source documentation. Ensures documents are accurate and properly input into the automated system.
- Provides guidance and funds management for all decentralized logistics funds. These may include secondary stock funds, office supply accounts, transportation funding, and various classes of supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Must be willing to become a member of the Texas Army National Guard.
- Must be slotted in a compatible military assignment.
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the GS-09 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 24 months experience, education or training involving detailed knowledge of organizations and their functions in logistical support (i.e., supply, maintenance, quality assurance, facilities). Experience integrating actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to meet program goals. Experience interpreting and applying regulations, laws or practices. Experience planning and organizing work assignments.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
Are you using education to qualify? You MUST submit legible transcripts to support your educational claims. All coursework must have been taken from an accredited institution.
Foreign education: Your transcripts must have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in evaluating foreign credentials in order to be acceptable.
Only education/experience gained by closing date of this position will be considered.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMR): Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the MOS to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty MOS (DMOS) assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
WMOS: 011A, 882A, 890A, 913A, 914A, 915A, 915E, 920A, 920B, 922A, 923A EMOS: 25B, 36B, 51C, 88M, 88N, 89A, 89B, 92A, 92F, 92Y
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified whether or not you have been referred to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $49,037.00 to $63,743.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0346-09/09
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Nationwide (see Open Areas of Consideration), Army National Guard Membership is Required
Control Number: 451469600
Job Announcement Number: NGTX-16-221