HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II - Days/Evenings (Surgical Hospital) in Austin, Texas
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Pharmacy technicians work only under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Complies with hospital/departmental policies and procedures:
· Attendance:Is punctual and dependable
Reports to work as scheduled
Absenteeism and tardiness are within policy guidelines
Ready to work when shift begins
Takes and documents lunch breaks as appropriate
Mandatory education completion
Department meetings attended
Hospital forums attended
Completed and up to date at all times – schedule education day as needed
· Safety procedures followedUse of safety equipment when appropriate (i.e. safety goggles)
Adheres to warnings (i.e. wet floor signs)
· Infection control procedures followed
Required vaccinations or alternate IC methods
Occupational screenings completed by due date (i.e. TB test)
Sterile Products Validation completed and up to date
· CleanlinessKeeps work areas and department clean
Reports any area of the hospital that is not clean
Checks patient’s room for cleanliness when applicable
· TeamworkWorks cooperatively with all staff.
Voices concerns and suggestions to appropriate persons in a positive manner.
Fosters a team environment by providing orientation and training to new team members.
Assists coworkers in tasks, as time permits.
Renewed on time
- Commitment to Hospital Values (I-CARE):
Counted on to do the right thing
Actions consistent with words
Behavior consistent with mission and code of conduct
Maintains a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance. Observes pharmacy dress code. Wears identification badge at all times.
Show warmth friendliness and personal pride in all interactions
Offer to help visitors in need of directions
Others as listed in the I-Care Values
· Accountability :
Take ownership and follow-up with all issues
Reports all errors to supervisor
Active participation in the achievement of departmental goals
Uses AIEDT with all appropriate customer transactions
Completes and documents all controlled substance transactions
Appropriate knowledge, understanding and implementation state, federal and hospital regulations.
Performs work within specified time frames.
Adapts positively to frequent interruptions and changes in workload and/or work schedule.
Demonstrates good oral and written communication
Treat others with dignity and respect
Speak positively of co workers
Receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
Give full attention and ask to clarify if do not understand
Uses Key Words at Key Times
Provides courteous, cooperative, and timely service to patients, visitors, and staff. Demonstrates good oral and written communication.
Meet or exceed hospital goals
Meet or exceed departmental goals
In the 95% percentile in HCAPS score
In the 95% percentile in Core Measures
In the 95% percentile of Employee Satisfaction
4.5 or higher in department served score.
Others as listed in the facility I-Care Values
Accurately and effectively fills medication orders.
· Selects the correct medication based on the printed order labels or fill list. · Prioritizes work based on direction received from the pharmacist. · Works at an appropriate pace. · Maintains appropriate inventory levels
Accurately and effectively fills sterile admixtures.
· Selects the correct additives and base solutions based on the printed order label of fill list. Utilizes Intelliflow when appropriate. · Uses appropriate sterile and safety techniques. · Prioritize work based on direction received from the pharmacist. · Work at an appropriate pace.
Assists in departmental functions.
· Makes prompt medication deliveries. · Performs inventory functions. · Accurately pre-packs medications. · Requests assistance when needed. (i.e., when special problems arise, etc.). · Effectively communicates important issues with oncoming shift. · Supports departmental adherence to state and federal law(s). · Adheres to health-system policies and procedures. Complies with all requirements related to risk management, safety, medication-use safety, security, fire safety, and infection control. Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Performs all duties under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Actively participates in performance improvement and departmental programs . · Assists in training, educational and quality assurance programs. · Offers constructive recommendations for improving departmental performance. · Serves on hospital teams, as directed. · Completes and documents all assigned medication storage area inspections at least monthly. Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable medications.
· Performance demonstrates efforts to improve patient satisfaction, lower costs, improve quality, and promote safety.
- Other duties as assigned by Pharmacy Director of Pharmacy Supervisor
Education/Experience: Required: High School Diploma or equivalent; Preferred: Previous experience as a hospital pharmacy technician; Pharmacy Computer Skills; Sterile Admixture Training
Required: National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) or pharmacist-intern participating in a board-approved internship program; ACPE-approved certification in sterile product preparation (IV Certification)
Title: Pharmacy Technician II - Days/Evenings (Surgical Hospital)
Location: Texas-Austin-St Davids Surgical Hospital
Requisition ID: 26825-48786