HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II - Evenings in Austin, Texas
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the pharmaceutical care services for the hospital. Prepares and processes medication under the supervision of a pharmacist, checks nursing units for proper medication storage, performs bulk compounding and records patient or medication information on computer for validation of pharmacist as required by State law. Orders, stocks, and transports pharmaceutical supplies as needed. Responds to patients, families, visitors, and employees in a courteous, collaborative manner. Considers unique patient needs.
· Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
· Licensure/Certification:o *Required:*National technician certificate. Registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy required by August 2004. Sterile Products certification by an ACPE accredited program.
· Experience: Hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
· Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Performs at a proficient level, all tasks within the specialty area. Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility’s computer system.
· Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be able to relate to diverse populations in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
· Essential Physical Requirements: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Able to lift/push/pull patients to transport and/or reposition. Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies of 30 pounds or more. Working under stressful conditions and irregular hours, exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and bio-hazardous materials.
· Essential Mental Abilities: Requires good communication and organizational skills. Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Requires working with frequent interruptions. Able to comprehend and interpret complex clinical subject matter related to specialty. Requires good mathematical skills.
· Essential Sensory Requirements: Requires corrected hearing and vision within a normal range and ability to distinguish color.
· Exposure to Hazards: Requires exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and hazardous materials. OSHA risk factor: Category I. Possible risk of physical injury due to moving machinery and supplies.
· Other: Understands the mission and vision of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to dress code; good grooming and personal hygiene habits; and strict adherence to attendance policies. Maintains knowledge of and conforms to hospital policies and procedures.
Title: Pharmacy Technician II - Evenings
Location: Texas-Austin-Heart Hospital of Austin
Requisition ID: 25960-49589