ShoreTel Principal Engineer - Cloud Services in Austin, Texas
Are you passionate about software engineering? Are you looking for a challenge in a fast-paced company at the forefront of cloud-based communications solutions? Are you a leader with experience architecting cloud-based solutions? Then ShoreTel may be the place for you!
The Principal Engineer of the Cloud Services Delivery Management team is responsible for designing the software solution for ShoreTel’s operations platform. The existing operations platform, BOSS (Billing and Operations Support Systems) manages billing, provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of ShoreTel’s suite of Cloud-based communications services. The Principal Engineer will be responsible for creating a new vision for the future of our Service Delivery platform. The successful candidate will work with other architects within the company; a product management team; and a dedicated, geographically disperse development team. S/he will be responsible for owning the architecture of the existing solution and creating a realistic roadmap for evolving the solution into the next generation. S/he will be responsible for architectural design choices and technology stack choices.
- Designing new solutions architecture for a Cloud-based service delivery management platform that integrates with ShoreTel’s next generation UCaaS offering. Specific responsibilities include:
- Internal architecture and design
- API and interface design
- 3rd party or internal technology integrations
- Technology tooling and stack
- Create a technology and architecture roadmap that is used to evolve the existing solution into the new solution
- Create prototypes of new components. And be prepared to transition those prototypes to a development team for implementation
- Be a consultant for day-to-day technology discussions such as specific design questions; code reviews; and estimation
- Act as subject matter expert and champion, representing the Service Delivery Management team in both internal and external technical conversations
- Act as the “code police” to help insure that code is well designed, secure, and follows standard best practices
- 3+ years of management/leadership experience in a software Development or Engineering organization OR
- 3+ years of experience as a software architect or designer
- 7 years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to market
- 5 years of experience in a SaaS or Cloud software environment
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft .Net, Ruby on Rails, or other development languages / frameworks
- Strategic thinking
- Written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Solid planning and project management skills
- Business acumen, knowledge and professionalism
- Strong influencing, negotiation and partnership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in open source development tools
- Solid knowledge and experience working with a variety of programming languages [both client and server side], software development processes and
- Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, XP, Test Driven Development, etc.)
- Experience with the architecture principles and design patterns of many applications including web applications, Integration/middleware, and Business Intelligence
- Experience in building web-based enterprise software products from the ground-up to production demonstrating successful delivery of software applications and systems by meeting agreed upon delivery commitments and quality levels
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field required. Master’s degrees in computer science or management desired
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a provider of business communication solutions whose brilliantly simple unified communications platforms, applications and mobile UC solutions promise a new rhythm of workforce engagement and collaboration. With costly complexity eliminated by design from its award-winning, all-in-one IP phone system, UC and contact center solution, and its industry-leading hosted phone system, workers enjoy a freedom and self-reliance that other providers can’t match. Users have full control to engage and collaborate, no matter the time, place or device, for the lowest cost and demand on IT resources in the industry. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has regional offices and partners worldwide.
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Date posted: October 19, 2016