Applied Materials Product Line Management III - (E3) in Austin, Texas
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Owns product change management (PCM) and control
Unreleased product approval and control
ECO (Engineering Change Order) approval
Implementation of PCN (Part Change Notification), with Global Product Support
Provides guidance/input to Engineering and the Business Unit about the field service impact of part/supplier changes.
Accuracy of customer shipped configurations and BOMs (Bill of Materials)
CaRM (Configuration accuracy Review Meeting) reviews
BOM (Bill of Materials) accuracy
NSR (Non Standard Request) approval
Owns common modules roadmap and implementation post Phase 5 of ePLC.
Implementation of component roadmaps including part obsolescence, replacements, alternative vendors and cost reduction
Facilitates Intercompany communication to align on product strategies, provide guidance on pricing, spare level contents, and restricted part orders. Facilitates alignment meeting for product roadmap and market proliferation
Implementation of cost reduction roadmap
Manage strategic vendor issues
Manage all changes to the product after product release
whether driven by engineering, quality, safety, customer demands or supply obsolesce
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: Texas-TX,Austin
Job Title: Product Line Management III - (E3)
Requisition ID: 1604383
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: No Relocation