ShoreTel Product Manager – Mobile in Austin, Texas
ShoreTel makes brilliantly simple cloud and premise based phone systems but we will never be satisfied with just that. We’re looking for you - a product manager to mercilessly drive forward our mobile products. Our mobile client is a core product that enables millions of our users to make calls and chat on the go, but this is just the beginning. Our roadmap is full of exciting ideas. This is where you come in to help us shape it, change it and drive the product. This application is critical to the continued success of the company so you will have both the resources to move forward and volumes of feedback from partners, customers and internal stakeholders. Ready?
- Providing on-going leadership for the product line, including maintaining strong communications channels with the company’s senior management on progress
- Identifying new business opportunities and the products and strategies required to realize them in the market place
- Acting as a company liaison with major accounts and industry analysts to gain insight about customer and market needs and communicate the company’s message and roadmap
- Establishing the product line’s overall positioning message and actively engaging with the product marketing team to drive the message to the sales team, channel, and market
- Being the product line spokesperson by driving sales team and channel awareness of key product attributes, values, and messages through webinars, blogs, articles, etc.
- Defining and managing the product’s overall pricing and margins as well as tactical product promotions and incentives designed to achieve product line objectives
- Overseeing the development of all sales collateral and sales tools while working with ShoreTel’s corporate and channel marketing teams
- … really depends on you – if you are great at something and you want to work on it too, it’s probably a good fit
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications for this position:
- You can rant for hours about Android’s fragmentation
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of iOS vs. Android
- Familiar with the nuanced UI conventions of iOS and Android
- Have strong opinions about usability on a mobile device
- Understand the difference in user experience between desktop and mobile users
- Probably carry a second device on you right now, just for testing
- Have a junk drawer full of devices you bought just to play with because you are a total phone geek
- Understand basic agile methodologies, when to be religious about it and when to back off and let organic processes thrive
- Know what good requirements look like and how to get there
- Hands-on product manager. You know that your involvement doesn’t stop at requirements creation
- Understand how to create, shape and socialize a roadmap while balancing the needs of many demanding stakeholders
- Know how to effectively sell your idea to internal stakeholders
- Can effectively communicate both with engineering and sales
- You are well versed in Unified Communications and have a good idea of where the industry is moving. More importantly you can separate substance from vapid buzzwords.
- Travel 10-20% of the time with occasional international travel
- You have a sense of humor
- An engineering undergraduate degree or MBA is desired. However, competence matters more than a piece of paper. If you think you’ve got what it takes, don’t let the details stop you.
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a provider of business communication solutions whose brilliantly simple unified communications platforms, applications and mobile UC solutions promise a new rhythm of workforce engagement and collaboration. With costly complexity eliminated by design from its award-winning, all-in-one IP phone system, UC and contact center solution, and its industry-leading hosted phone system, workers enjoy a freedom and self-reliance that other providers can’t match. Users have full control to engage and collaborate, no matter the time, place or device, for the lowest cost and demand on IT resources in the industry. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has regional offices and partners worldwide.
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Date posted: October 19, 2016
Department: Product Management