Centene Corporation Program Coordinator I in Austin, Texas
Position Purpose: Assist in activities related to the medical and psychosocial aspects of utilization and coordinated care.
- Initiate authorization requests for output or input services in keeping with the prior authorization list. Research claims inquiry specific to the department and responsibility.
- Perform tasks necessary to promote member compliance such as verifying appointments, obtaining lab results. Assess and monitor inpatient census.
- Screen for eligibility and benefits. Identify members without a PCP and refer to Member Services. Screen members by priority for case management (CM) assessment. Perform transition of care duties to include but not limited to, contact the member s attending physician, member or medical power of attorney, other medical providers (home health agencies, equipment vendors) for information pertaining to special needs.
- Coordinate services with community based organizations. Attend marketing and outreach meetings as directed to represent the plan. Produces and mails routine CM letters and program educational material.
- Data enter assessments and authorizations into the system.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. 2-3 years managed care or physician s office experience. Thorough knowledge of customer service, utilization review or claims processing practices in a managed care environment and operation of office equipment such as a personal computer. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Health Insurance Operations
Organization: Superior Health Plan
Requisition ID: 1040712