PPD Project Manager, Early Development Services in Austin, Texas
Title: Project Manager, Early Development Services Location: Texas-Austin - Home Based
PPD offers a broad range of early development services, Phase I clinical trial services and nonclinical consulting, helping clients increase efficiencies and accelerate the drug development process. Our scientific expertise and experience as well as wide range of equipment and services enable us to meet clients’ needs.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Early Development Services (EDS) group for a Project Manager. The Project Manager in EDS manages all full service activities related to Phase I studies run at PPD or one of our network sites. A full-service project is defined as one which uses PPD’s phase I clinic or network site with supporting services (i.e. PK, DM, biostatistics and Medical Writing). The objective will be to be the primary client contact, facilitating all project activities to assure fulfillment/completion of project requirements, time schedules and deliverables.Ideal candidate will have a CRO or Pharma background as a Clinical Trials Project Manager with experience managing multiple Phase I healthy and sick patient studies.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in scientific or business related field 5 years experience in clinical research 1 year clinical project management experience or experience leading multiple or global projects in the area of clinical research In some cases, an equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities may substitute for degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) Excellent organizational skills Ability to interact effectively with all level of employees and clients Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) Strong knowledge of clinical research project management practices and scheduling Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams successfully Working conditions:
• Work is performed in a clinical environment. • Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
• Frequently stationary for 4-6 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Occasional mobility required. • Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs. • Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf. • Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. • May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information. Interaction includes diverse groups. • Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. May require periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.