HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Nursery Nights in Austin, Texas
Position Description: Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients with a broad range of illnesses.
The RN is involved in direct and indirect patient care. The RN provides direction to non-licensed nursing personnel in providing direct patient care. The staff nurse supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the objectives of the hospital. In collaboration with other health team members, follows the philosophy, policies and goals of the facility and department.
1) Assists with the care of the newborn at deliveries. Maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation.
2) Assists with the transfer of newborn to another facility when indicated. Notifies charge nurse and House Supervisor of anticipated transfer.
3) Accurately identifies and bands newborn, mother and significant others with matching identabands. Documents band identification number appropriately in medical record. Verifies band and medical record document with nursery upon arrival to nursery.
4) Povides emotional support and assists in contracting Pregnancy Loss Support Group for parents/significant others experiencing grief due to newborn condition at birth, parental separation from newborn, neonatal death or fetal demise.
5) Demonstrates knowledge and provides support to natural mother, agencies, and foster or adoptive parents when newborn is for adoption.
6) Demonstrates knowledge of individual role in Hospital infant abduction plan.
7) Demonstrate understanding of HCA's and "Patients First" safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
8) Performs other related duties as directed or required.
Education/Experience: Required: *At least one year of nursery experience. *Preferred: Computer skills.
License/Certification:* Required: Current licensure in Texas as a RN. Certification in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Title: Registered Nurse - Nursery Nights
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08224-48746