IHG Room Attendant - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas
Do you see yourself as a Room Attendant ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This position has overall responsibility for cleaning guest rooms and/or suites in a timely and thorough manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold oroccupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor accordingto established procedures.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize wastewithin all areas of housekeeping.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communicationand coordination with other departments.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensurecorrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according toestablished procedures.
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to establishedstandards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaningand sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchenarea, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- May have turndown duties.
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills and some housekeeping experience is preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 200 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes free shift meals, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Job: General Housekeeping
Requisition ID: R122844