Myriad Sample Receiving - Temporary Position - Part-Time in Austin, Texas
Myriad RBM is hiring a Technician - Sample Receiving (part-time, temporary) to assist in receiving and processing incoming customer samples.
- Conduct assigned experiments and tasks. Follow directions and laboratory procedures as assigned by supervisor.
- Help to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Verify samples as they are received. Assist in storing samples and maintaining sample integrity.
- Help collect all necessary information for incoming studies
- At least 18 years of age
- College coursework in a science-related area of study preferred; preference will be given to those in who have completed at least 2 years towards their degree
- Available to work a minimum of 20hrs/week ; preference will be given to those who can work 2 full days (at least 7 hours ) each week
- Some lab experience required (pipetting preferable)
- A willingness to contribute and work with a team of friendly people is essential
- Ability to follow instructions and be flexible
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Lifting up to 20lbs, Carrying, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYGN) is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient’s lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products that assess a person’s risk of developing disease, improve diagnosis, predict disease progression and guide therapy. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs. With fiscal year 2015 annual revenue of approximately $700 million and more than 2,000 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including growing our existing markets, launching new products, and expanding our global presence to take advantage of significant long-term growth opportunities. For more information on Myriad, please visit the Company’s website at: www.myriad.com. Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.