Amazon.com Senior Manager, Operations Technology Systems Engineering in Austin, Texas
Amazon Operations Technology is seeking a Senior Manager to lead our Systems Engineering organization. This role has global scope and impact, with every Amazon customer shipment flowing through our infrastructure. The systems this team builds powers Fulfillment Centers, Sortation Centers, Prime Now sites, Delivery Stations, and other transportation nodes around the world. Is this the right job for you? It is if you...
· Want to shape the future of Amazon fulfillment and transportation by building infrastructure that operates at global scale.
· Are a fantastic people manager. Building, developing, and motivating world-class systems engineering teams is the core responsibility of this role. As a leader-of-leaders, you enjoy and excel at developing top performers.
· Have a deep technical background, specifically in Linux, networking, and software development. You are able to participate in architectural discussions, collaborate with, and give guidance to the senior technologists on the team. Your ability to create a compelling vision for your team inspires results and attracts top talent.
· Excel at Operational Excellence, and have experience building OE programs that deep-dive to find root causes and simplify business-critical systems.
· Enjoy having fun. At Amazon we “Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History.” You will know to make solving hard problems rewarding for your team, and celebrate successes big and small.
· Like working in a global environment. The Systems Engineering organization is largely located in Seattle, Washington and Austin, Texas, with some team members located in Asia/Pacific and Europe. Your internal customers span the globe, and close collaboration with peers in IT support and network engineering teams around the world is key to your team’s success.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
· A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field from an accredited university
· At least three years’ experience managing managers
· At least 7 years’ experience in technical management overseeing systems, network, and/or software development engineers
· A Masters degree in computer science
· Strong information security background, and a passion for building secure systems
· Strong Linux fundamentals including kernel tuning and management of large-scale systems
· Demonstrated experience running an effective operational excellence program
· Has successfully led remote teams
AMZR Req ID: 450921