VMware Senior Software Engineer in Austin, Texas
VMware’s Cloud Services R&D team is looking for driven engineers to help build our cloud platform. Our vision is to expand our data center management capabilities to the cloud. We will create a new SaaS delivery model for our virtualization technology, broadening our business into new areas. In order to meet our customers’ current expectations of quality and stability, we are looking for people that have a passion for building cloud-aware systems that are highly instrumented, manageable, and fault tolerant.
• Deliver enterprise-class SaaS offering on top of VMware core virtualization products such as ESX and vCenter
• Lead all phases of the service development lifecycle, based on an agile scrum development methodology
• Participate in the SaaS operations based on a devops model
• MS CS or equivalent required
• 8 years of industry software development experience with enterprise software and/or Software as a Service at scale.
• Strong coding skills in Java
• Experience delivering and operating cloud services with agile development process
• Strong background in distributed systems, cloud management, protocols or API development is considered a plus
• Understanding of VMware vSphere platform is highly desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.