General Motors Software Configuration Management Engineer in Austin, Texas
Software Configuration Management Engineer - INF0018529
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the General Motors Tools Services Team:
GM is enabling the IT transformation by driving latest technology trends into software development. The tools service steam plays a key role by executing a wide variety of projects and tasks in support of key software development initiatives. The tools initiatives span the entire lifecycle of the development projects and entails continuous improvement. This team leverages their expertise to advise and coach on tools for effective software development. This is a “how-to” group for software development.
About the role:
The Software Configuration Management Engineer provides software development, customization, configuration, and training services on development tools. These tools include software products leveraged to design and develop code with sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM's software development process. This role will provide development expertise and support to enhance the existing development tool set and to ensure utilization of tools and best practices during software development.
· At least 7 years of software development tools implementation experience across the full lifecycle of software development
- Understanding of code analysis, requirements analysis, code review, test management, identification of code metrics, and object-oriented design and analysis processes
- Programming Experience in Java, .NET, C#
- Experience in configuring software development tools in areas of performance tuning, usability, automation, application lifecycle management, code management, security, software cost estimation, portfolio management, software modeling, and database design.
- Experience in designing and implementing code asset management tools and reusable code libraries, design/frameworks
- Experience in designing and developing custom workflows in tools using standardized work processes, APIs, objects, and methods
Knowledge of integrating different software tools to drive automated traceability of requirements to code, to test, deployment of code components into production, and application build automation.
·Working level experience in development tools such as Eclipse IDE, Microsoft TFS, Artifactory, Jenkins CI, SonarQube, Subversion, Git (BitBucket/GitLab), Jira, Apache Maven, Apache ANT, Enterprise Architect, Coded UI
·Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
· Experience in software development processes and methods
· User Training and Communications experience in a large-scale environment
Expertise in at least one area and knowledge from at least two areas:
Microsoft: ASP.NET/VB.NET/C#/VC++/MFC, Sharepoint
Mainframe: COBOL, Mainframe, IMS
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, .NET, JQuery, ExtJS
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2,PL/SQL Programming, Stored Procedure Development, Performance Tuning, Data warehouses/ETL tools
NoSQL : Hadoop, Casandra
Web Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, TomCat, IIS
Other: Business Intelligence, Mobile Development, Oracle SOA, SAP, Peoplesoft, Teamcenter/NX
Development Environments: Eclipse, JDeveloper, Visual Studio, IntelliJ
Major Standards: AJAX, JSON
OS: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Android, iOS
Tools: Subversion, Jenkins CI, SonarQube, Artifactory, Performance Center, Selenium
Build Process: Apache ANT, Apache Maven, MSBuild
Methodologies: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, Iterative
1. Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
2. Expert knowledge of writing program documentation.
3. In-depth technical knowledge of the current hardware.
4. Expert knowledge of used operating systems.
5. Expert knowledge of standard development tools.
6. Expert knowledge of software configuration management
7. Expert knowledge of networking technologies from the programmers prospective.
8. Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
9. Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
10. Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
11. Ability to optimize the performance of code.
12. Ability to document deliverables
13. Ability to perform a FMEA
14. Understands code quality analysis results and remediation mechanisms
15. Understands security risks for applications and code remediation techniques
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
5-7 years in application development and/or configuration management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Primary Location US-TX-Austin
Other Locations US-MI-Warren (Tech Ctr)
Posting Date : Oct 17, 2016, 5:14:30 PM-Dec 17, 2016, 3:59:00 AM
Job : Information Technology