American Express Sr. Instructional Designer in Austin, Texas
The Global Service Learning Network (GSLN) is seeking a learning professional with extensive experience in instructional design and strong results in transferring training into performance results.
This individual will be responsible for leading design projects that will transform learning into a more engaging and interactive process. We are looking for a leader that is accustomed to working in a matrix environment and will partner with leaders and designers to define needs, tranlsate business requirements into performance-based learning and execute innovative learning strategies. The ideal candidate will be able to apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical application based training strategy.
The incumbent will manage the overall curriculum design for the programs and processes they manage while collaborating with Instructional Designers and vendors to implement the design products. They will closely partner with GSLN team members in delivering a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts the success of American Express and our internal clients. The goal of all programs designed will be to deliver a world class learner experience and drive measurable positive business impact, including top box customer satisfaction results.
The successful candidate will have experience in conducting training related Analytics/Design and Development/Implementation with overall program evaluation. This role will have the ability to influence and drive results in a highly collaborative environment while performance consulting with key business leaders on their long term business needs. The ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders is a critical skill for success. The ideal candidate will design learning strategies that will leverage e-learning and other delivery methods that will support the acceleration of learning as measured in business performance. The ideal candidate will be able to articulate their vision on how training can help deliver performance results that will help our customer care professionals in key measures of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities * Plan and manage instructional design projects. * Consult with business partners across geographies to define and craft the learning strategy and plans * Promote collaboration, partnership and relationships among the participants and stakeholders in a design project. * Select, modify or create a design and development model appropriate for a given project. * Work with a team of instructional designers, who will design, develop, and build blended learning experiences. * Acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice. * Create the design outline for a curriculum or program. * Analyze existing curriculum to determine if there are changes in the learner knowledge base, technology and or the organization. * Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners. * Ensure curricula and courses are mapped appropriately and published on My Learning in a timely manner * Be a thought leader in instructional design and innovation.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguageJRFQA508c.pdf
- Proven experience with Instructional Design and performance consulting in a matrix environment
- A degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or Teaching is strongly desired; minimum 5 years of on the job application is desired
- Documented experience in building learning strategies and performance results
- Working with vendors and contractors a plus.
- Deep instructional design knowledge and application with the ability to convert this into engaging learning experiences.
- The ability to write strategic learning plans for curriculum.
- The ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to the problems of learning, instruction and design.
- Evaluate learning effectiveness using sound Instructional design assessment strategies.
- Proven e-learning design and development experience and experience with designing, developing, and delivering and blended learning strategies.
- Proven project management and leadership skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience with using Learning Management Systems to drive the delivery of training solutions.
- The ability to travel may be required. Travel could reach 10% or more if business needs arise.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build strong relationships at all levels in an organization
Title: Sr. Instructional Designer
Requisition ID: 16013961