Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Power Engineer in Austin, Texas
Requisition Number J16-0390
Title Sr. Power Engineer
Description **This individual can reside in either Chicago or St. Louis**
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We're looking for a Sr. Power Engineer to join the team in Chicago or St. Louis. This role can require overnight travel an average of 25-50%.
This position has primary responsibility for integrating and delivering a wide range of complex technology solutions to the client and is a key contributor to the practice engineer team responsible for designing complex IBM Power Systems services and solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots complex client infrastructure solutions and transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
• Provides technical expertise in analyzing client’s requirements by recommending solutions, and assisting sales and other engineers with development of proposals, quotations, and presentations and is responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business
• Conducts advanced and complex engineering - related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management
• Serves as subject matter expert on processes and products in area of responsibility
• Assumes a lead position in engagements that require more than one Engineer/Consultant
• Works with the Services Director to assess the amount of effort required for services engagements and provide input for the Scopes/Statement of Work generation
• Develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral
• Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor and serves as focal point for communications between both department engineers and clients
• Conducts site surveys and performs IT environment assessments
• Monitors and manages day-to-day operations of a program, project or function, including developing short and long-range goals, objectives and budgets, coordinating activities with other departments and agencies, overseeing records maintenance, monitoring budgets, approving, and monitoring expenditures, overseeing reporting requirements, evaluating program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness; ensures procedures are being followed and assists in resolving complex problems which require professional level input. This includes:
- Development and review of technical manuals
- Development of project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
- Preparation of sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Performance of overall solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
• Provides direction and supervision for Associate and Base Engineers and mentors them to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of products
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five (5) years of Information Technology experience
• At least three (3) years of experience with IBM Power Systems, including experience with AIX, AIX Logical Partition (LPAR), PowerVM, Virtualization Technology (VIO), and Power High Availability (PowerHA)
Other Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to design basic High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex Virtualization services
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex solutions for two of the following:
- Double-take Availability for AIX
- Double-Take RecoverNow for AIX
- PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Consulting experience
• Experience with PureFlex, Systems Director, Linux and/or GPFS
• Relevant IBM Power Systems certifications
This position exists to provide Sirius offered IT solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility.