Amazon.com Sr. Software Development Engineer | Amazon Exports and Expansion in Austin, Texas
Are you interested in building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon? Do you want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise? Amazon Exports and Expansion is building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
· Product selection and order fulfillment from all of Amazon’s marketplaces.
· Accurate import fee deposit estimation.
· Tailored customer experience with local language, currency, payment methods, end-to-end delivery, shipment tracking, and customs clearance.
We enable customers from over 77 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
To accomplish this, we need to build:
· Machine learning models to classify millions of products eligible for international shipment.
· Algorithms to optimize import duty cost.
· Global ordering platform that handles Amazon’s scale.
· Platform that enables new local payment instruments and supports local currency.
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
5+ years professional experience in software development.
Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
8+ years professional experience in software development. Demonstrated ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team.
Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D
AMZR Req ID: 449817