Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer 2 or 3 in Austin, Texas
Systems Engineer 2 or 3
Requisition ID: 17014236
Location(s): United States-Texas-Austin
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Systems Engineer 2 or 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Most work will be conducted at Northrop Grumman facilities in Austin, TX.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Technology Services Global Exchange Service (GEX) program. The GEX department is a highly technical group of over 40 Systems and Software Engineers that support our main software product the Global Exchange Service (GEX). GEX provides data transformation, communication protocol adaptation and message brokering between multiple Department of Defense (DoD) Services and Agencies as well as commercial industry. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for Dept of Defense (DoD) business systems.
• Develops requirements, concept, design, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of system integrations.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Supports system testing and collaborates with customers to derive test and production connectivity requirements
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3. BQs for a Systems Engineer 2 are 2 years of related experience. BQs for a Systems Engineer 3 are 5 years of related experience.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field and required years of related experience.
• Candidate must have experience with data analysis, with data transformation experience preferred.
• Candidate must demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills; able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates. Must be able to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, a fast learner and self-starter.
• Must be a US citizen with a minimum of a Secret clearance.
• Must be able to interact effectively with senior level customers including development of customer presentations, schedules, and risk/action item tracking. Must have excellent written and communication skills and be able to work independently and within groups.
• Must have experience with deriving requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations.
• Must have expertise in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Knowledge of XML and ASCII flat file.
• Knowledge of DoD procurement policies and regulations
• Experience using and administering UNIX servers, preferrably HP-UX 11i.
• Skills and experience in production application support.
• Experience working between a software development and production team to maintain test and production UNIX servers in accordance with applicable security and interface agreement terms and conditions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Engineer 2 or 3
Requisition ID: 17014236